Sunday, April 08, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party, where we value the slow process of creating with our own hands. If you knit, bead, hand quilt, cross stitch, embroider, tat, applique, hook rugs, hand piece quilt blocks, and/or enjoy english paper piecing, you will find other like-minded stitchers here!

I have finally finished block #6 of Gail Pan's embroidery BOM and am looking forward to tracing the next 3 designs that were sent out in March. It's always a challenge for me to not constantly feel behind with a BOM. I tell myself I am "right on schedule" and try to enjoy each stitchery, without concern for the fact that even though I have 3 more patterns to stitch from last month, and there will be 3 new patterns released next week, it is not a race. And I do not want to turn my  pleasurable hobby into something stressful with deadlines.

I say to myself " I am right on schedule" and the stitching will be enjoyed and completed as my time permits!



In the comments on last Sunday's post  Janice asked to see the back of an embroidery block, so Janice... here you go... this is the back.  You can see places where I have pulled some of the thread colours from one area to the next, but it doesn't show on the front (I am stitching on a piece of muslin). I try to clip off any long thread tails, but generally don't bother much with how it looks from the back.





What are you working on this week? Please share your hand stitching project with us by linking up your blog post below.


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

10 comments:

Deb from Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Very delicate and pretty :)

Ivani said...

This is a cute embroidery BOM. Your stitches are very pretty. Enjoy making them at your time.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love everything about this little picture...the bird, he flowers and the teacup! So Springy!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those are cute blocks

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I do love your hand work, I need to get mine out again. I finished up my projects and haven't found another one that catches my interest.

Robin said...

I think I've gotten myself into a quilting rut. I'm determined to finish two UFO BOMs. Because I am so determined and work on them both, alternately, I don't feel the joy like I used to. It has become a job. So, it's nice to see your stitching (it is so sweet) and hear how you are slowing down and enjoying the journey. The positive side of my single focus is that I haven't started anything new to stack up in the UFO closet. But, that is the negative side too because the spontaneity and enthusiasm that comes with new projects is absent. It will be all worth it in the end.

Created by Kathi said...

Love your teacup block.. front and back :D Kathi

Cathy said...

Thanks for a glimpse of your back! If I'm embroidering for a quilt or pillow or pillowcase I don't worry too much about the threads or knots on the back unless it might show through to the front. I try really hard to have a neat back when I embroider on kitchen towels though. I embroider a lot of those for Christmas gifts.

And, yes, it's nice to always be right on schedule!

Kate said...

Hope you got in lots of hand stitching today and that your temps were a bit warmer than they have been.

Janice Holton said...

Thanks for the back view, Kate! I was wondering if there was a rule of thumb about cutting and tying off the threads if they weren't close together on the project. Your's looks almost as good on the front as the back, though. Mine never did. :)