Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Guild Trip

I'm packing up my favourite quilts and preparing to speak at the Hamilton Quilters Guild tonight. It's always a bit nerve wracking to talk honestly about my quilting life because I recognize that I am a bit of a unique character, or as I was recently described ..."an odd duck"! LOL  

From Bonnie at Quiltville


I often wonder what people are really thinking when I'm talking, and I think it's probably something like "wow she really is crazy"! But I have often found that in any group of quilters, there are also other "odd ducks" like me, and they can relate in some way to most of the unusual things I say and do. 


piles of quilts to share

And here's a fun fact...
I visited this same Hamilton guild on Wednesday April 11th in 2012, and here it is exactly 6 years later, and I'll be right back there again on Wednesday April 11th, 2018! You can read about the 2012 visit here. It is interesting to look at the photos from that lecture because I remember many of those quilts but don't have them anymore. I know exactly where some of the quilts are and others I think "Hmmmm ... I wonder what happened to that quilt"?!? 

18 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

How exciting ❤️

Barb said...

Hooray for spreading the good word and work of quilting! have fun

The Cozy Quilter said...

Odd quilting ducks tend to run in packs. I’m happy to be odd right beside you!

Julierose said...

Sounds like a great trip--perfect for you...you are not an odd duck--you just are passionate about what you do...;)))
hugs, Julierose

Jacqui's Quilts said...

Awesome that you are speaking at the Hamilton Guild. I attended there for two years between 2004 and 2006 when Jake went back to University in Ancaster. I so enjoyed my time there and you spoke there then as well and I LOVED it...Finally!! a fellow odd duck that I could totally relate to. You won't believe how often I laugh out loud with your blog posts as something (usually about our exessive UFO's) resonates with me so much! Today's post about wondering where some of those quilts are that you see on past blog posts? Yeah, that's me too. They're probably in some closet not finished yet LOL. I also took my first miniature class with you in Hamilton and so enjoyed it! Great memories. Have fun tonight.

Rose Marie said...

Have a great time and since you have been invited back .... you are a good speaker!

vincenzo126 said...

Have a wonderful time today! I just was looking at some old quilt blocks, and I had a hard time remembering the quilts for which they were created! I've gifted most every quilt I've made.
-Jean💟

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I often times think all of us quilters (especially those of us that still hand piece and do a lot of hand work) are odd ducks LOL I know a lot think I am rather strange too :) would love to be close enough to attend - maybe you can recruit more to love slowing down and love hand work.

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like fun. Enjoy it.

Deb A said...

Good luck and enjoy! Wish I was closer as I would love to attend and hear you talk about quilting.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I think you will be fine--as long as you don't jump up on one of the table during your talk--(yes that happened at one I was at with a man quilter--won't mention any names as I think he is still popular--but he did not turn me on!!)
Have fun--and I think most quilter's are a bit 'crazy' and that is what makes us -- US!!!
enjoy, di

TakeMeThereTotes said...

Love this post! Boy can I identify with your " reluctance" to talk about your quilting obsession out in public! I love your blog because it is good to know there are others out there with quilting on the brain!

Jenny said...

I'm intrigued, odd duck? You are making me wonder what people think of me now, aren't we all a bit strange in our own way? But then, we are all quilters so we can't be too bad.

Deanna W said...

Odd duck?!?! I don't think so but if you are...you surely are not alone!

Kate said...

Hope you had a great time!

Elaine Adair said...

So much better to be an "odd duck" than a normal blah. 8-))) How nice they invited you and you had opp to show off your quilts!

Elaine Adair

Kristin said...

Odd ducks unite! You are a passionate, prolific quilter. Nothing to be ashamed of!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I listened to you talk a few summers ago, and never thought of you as an odd duck;) We had a speaker back, several years later, because we liked her so much. Glad they liked you so much.