Saturday, April 07, 2018

Scrappy Saturday

Ringo Lake blocks being transformed  into 4X Star blocks
It has been such a busy week that I haven't had much time to sew or to get the scraps organized yet for the month of April sewing. The RSC'ers are working with yellow and gold scraps this month.
I have quite a few odd sizes of incorrectly sewn gold blocks left over from cutting my Ringo Lake blocks. I'd like to get them sewn into some useable blocks and this is the perfect way to do that. I am trimming the pieces to 1.5" to use in the 4th block of the Squared Away sampler project.

I'm combining yellow and gold scraps and will spend a wonderful afternoon in the quilt studio, cutting and sewing pieces for the 4X Star blocks. Here is the first one laid out and ready to sew.

To see more yellow and gold projects, hop over to the weekly RSC link up.

12 comments:

grammajudyb said...

I am encouraged to see that others also have incorrectly sewn blocks that they can reuse. Good for you! I like the 4X star block. It's a fav of mine.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I am loving that combination of colours/prints you are using for the Auriful blocks...quite striking.
My blocks never print out exactly the same and I have no idea why sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. You certainly tried hard to correct the issue and I know you will be able to figure out how to bring this one into line.
Love the yellow and gold too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks like a great way to use up some leftover pieces from another project! I like the gold and yellow together!

Janet O. said...

Nice repurposing of pieces. It is a warm and happy block!

Mari said...

That was quick! And what a great idea to use up those unused pieces.

Ivani said...

I like your version for April block of the Squared Away BOM. Will try this in one of mine.

R's Rue said...

Great.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great way to use up those units your not happy with. Looking like you at least have a start, I am cutting.

gayle said...

Reusing, for the win! I love seeing these kind of recovery stories - and what a great block you're making!

Jo said...

Great way to use up those left overs.

Kate said...

Glad you found a great way to use those "whoops" blocks.

Janice said...

Looking good and a great way to use those orphans.