Friday, April 27, 2018

Quick Little Finish

When you work on many long term, time intensive, complex quilts, it's such a relief to take a little break and work on a mini project. These cute blocks were pieced by an anonymous quilter and were found in a scrap bag. I just sewed the blocks together and machine quilted it. Easy peasy stitch-in-the-ditch straight lines.
Start to finish about 2 hours, including the hand binding.

One of the many benefits of making miniature quilts is a heaping teaspoon of immediate gratification!
This will be donated to the mini quilt raffle for my guild show in the fall.

And now we return to our regularly scheduled programming... the bed sized, complex piecing of On Ringo Lake quilt which has been in progress since November. I am hoping that the quilt top will be finished by the end of the month!

14 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Sometimes you just need to make a mini quilt to finish some quickly and keep your sew-jo inspiration flowing. Your mini is super cute and so lovely and bright.

Kate said...

Very bright and fun! It should do really well at the auction. Congrats on finding some immediate gratification. Good luck with On Ringo Lake. I'll be lucky if mine is a finished flimsy before Bonnie starts on this year's mystery!

Deanna W said...

Love those minis!! I make them, add a small stuffed animal and give them to a girl at guild...they go into VICARS bags to be used in emergencies to calm or give a child something to do.

Janet O. said...

I hear ya, Kathy! My only problem is I forget to do the big projects from which the minis are supposed to be giving me a break. :)
Your little "found" blocks made a very cute mini.

Julierose said...

Love that cheerful mini you finished--so pretty hugs, Julierose

Louise said...

What a sweet, cute little project! I wonder why someone abandoned those blocks? No matter, you found their true calling :)

Frog Quilter said...

Cute blocks. Glad you,are giving them a purpose/ home!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I am so ready to start on a new quilt!!!! I too like to get something finished an the hand work and more difficult quilts take longer. Cute project!

Mary said...

Ringo Lake is a Brain tester quilt! I was so glad when I finally got the sashings right. Way too much 'Frogger' action happened on that quilt. Sleeping under it now!! Gotta love a quick finish!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh what a beautiful bright colored mini quilt--
nice job--
enjoy, di

Ivani said...

So bright and beautiful. Sometimes it is necessary to stitch only because we love to and relax.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Yes, a quick, simple finish is always welcome, especially when you are working on sew many other projects that won't finish quickly. Makes you feel like you really are accomplishing something.

Unknown said...

I am going to agree with Kate. I think I have all the parts completed and even have one put together but, I don't know if Ringo will be a Lake before Bonnies next treasure comes out. I am loving it. Your little "find" is so cute. Great job!

beaquilter said...

Cute! I love quick projects too.