Monday, April 02, 2018

Design Wall Monday


It's a new month and that means a new UFO goal to work on. The March UFO is out of sight for a while (until I recover) and this month's project is to get my Ringo Lake blocks into a quilt top. Here are 30 blocks on the design wall, with one seam remaining to join the top 20 to the bottom 10. 
I still want to make 20 more blocks, sew them together, and add the border blocks before the end of April. 


It is a lot of pinning because when joining two blocks together there are 8 points that I would very much like to meet. Sometimes "close enough" has to be the motto! When you join 5 blocks to 5 blocks, that means 40 pins at all the matching places. 
What will be refreshing with this month's project is that I really really like it, so I will enjoy all the pinning and sewing!
Linking up to One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts, and Design Wall Monday over at Small Quilts

15 comments:

Jill said...

A very worthwhile pinning process. Coincidentally, my disappearing 4-patch, red and white quilt is close to being in the same stage. Top two-thirds is pieced and am working on the bottom third. I nest my seams by feel and find they meet better. Love your blue and gold color choices. I missed March’s OMG. May you meet your April OMG.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I like your color choices too!

Deanna W said...

I stalled at the blocks. They are made but didn't have time to do all that sashing. I am also thinking of not using the sashing and just putting the blocks together. I have seen some nice quilts done that way!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is looking good for some reason I thought this one was done- are you making another Bonnie quilt? maybe I got them mixed up

Lyndsey said...

Those blocks are beautiful and will become a fabulous quilt, well worth all the pinning to match the points.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Good luck!! I know you can do it!!!

Nann said...

Of all the Quiltville mysteries I think this one has resulted in the most extraordinary colorways and settings. I really like your version!

chrisknits said...

I love your color interpretation. Such a honey blonde color.

Louise said...

You're so close with ORL! A few more blocks, a few more seams, 800 more pins...

I'm bad with matching points. My latest project is just simple HSTs and I keep telling myself that fancy quilting will surely distract from my points...

Patty said...

Nice looking quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Teresa said...

beautiful work on this quilt. I am a pinner too, actually I enjoy doing this....especially when all the seams and points come together nicely.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Another beautiful quilt project!
I too love your fabrics and colors for this one.
Best wishes on all those matching seams - I'll bet only you will notice of they are slightly off.

Mary said...

Getting it done!! Yea for OMG goals. Love your blues!

Janet O. said...

I am glad you get to work on something you like. :)
This is such a cozy, inviting color combo! Twenty more blocks, huh? I'll be cheering for you!

Kate said...

Love this alternate setting! It's going to be a gorgeous quilt.