Sunday, April 22, 2018

Happy Earth Day

Welcome to the weekly hand stitching link up! 

Since it's April 22nd, the theme for today's party is "earth day". Although we should be taking care of our earth every day, today is set aside to focus on reducing environmental protection and the theme this year is "end plastic pollution". I have had my eye on a couple of polluted areas of town that I plan to clean up today... after a little bit of slow stitching and blog visiting of course!

Around here it has been cold and miserable for longer than usual. This is how the daffodils looked in my parent's snow covered garden on Friday. But the sun came out yesterday and melted much of it, and we are wondering if the daffodils will be able to recover from the deep freeze.



It'll be too cold to have any outdoor flowers for a couple of months yet, but if you're longing for some flowers, you can stitch as many flowers as you want. Stitched flowers are still pretty, but unscented, which might be a good thing for those stitchers with allergies! Today I'll be working on some hand embroidered flowers from Gail Pan's BOM. 
What are you hand stitching today? Link up your blog post below and share your project with us. Are you stitching flowers today and wishing for spring weather to bring us real flowers!?!

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

13 comments:

Sarah said...

It really feels as if spring has sprung in the UK (at last)! Cute flower you are stitching today. Have a good one.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I have one daffodil that is almost open! Spring may finally be arriving! Your Gail Pan flowers will bloom today too,

CathieJ said...

I am one of those people who prefer stitched flowers to real due to allergies, but I don't mind them in my yard just not in my house. We still have quite chilly temps here too. My daffodils survived our most recent snow and are in full bloom now.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

oh those poor daffodils!!

Kathy S. said...

Happy Earth Day. How kind of you to clean up a couple polluted areas! Hopefully the daffodils will bounce back. Mine did, but our cold Ohio, snowy days only dropped as low as the 20's. Happy stitching.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope you have flowers before a couple months! We are getting rain today for spring so I know I will be in the house with a movie on and quilting on my Bird Brain for awhile and doing some other projects as well

MissPat said...

I finally got outside for about an hour and 15 minutes to do a little garden clean up. I think this is the latest date I have ever had. With sunshine and a high in themis-50's, I'll be out again today, but I'll spend some time in the sewing studio until it warms up. Hopefully spring has turned the corner (we did have a coating of snow Friday morning). Sunshine helps so much.
Pat

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Kudos to you for helping clean up our environment! Reducing our use of plastics is so important to our health. I hope those daffodils survive the cold.

Deanna W said...

Spring flowers??!?@@?!@ I don't think we are going to see those till July!!! But the sun is shining and the sap is running. I will have lots of maple syrup for our retreat!!

jan said...

Raining here in Georgia today! Hopefully Spring will be there for you soon! I think we are finally seeing Spring. I have Bluebird eggs and Purple martins showed up Yesterday. Love your Embroidered flower!
xo jan

Ivani said...

Poor Earth, it gaves us so much, and we as humans spoil everything, it is no wonder that the weather is so crazy. People and goverments cause so much destruction. This is real sad. We have so much to learn...
Happy stitching Kathy, your flower is simple and so pretty.

Pam said...

Thanks for hosting Kathy! I gives me great pleasure to see what others are doing and to show what I am up to. I read several articles lately that most the plastic floating in the ocean is from the big rivers in China and India-the east in general. Not that we can stop working on pollution but at least we can feel we in the west are not the primary contributors in this case.

Kate said...

It really does seem like winter hasn't wanted to leave this year. We are finally seeing warmer temps too and a bit of sun. Very pretty stitching. Flowers are fun no matter where you find/make them.