Monday, April 09, 2018

Design Wall Monday

Last month I received 66 civil war reproduction churn dash blocks from Barb's block swap. I have been trying to make a decision about a layout for the blocks and have started making 9 patch blocks as possible alternate blocks. It's always hard to know if an idea is going to work out as it is envisioned in a quilter's mind! But here are the 30 possible alternate blocks on the design wall. It's a work in progress and it's at the designing stage, which means these could be voted off the island at any time! They may or may not be part of the final layout... we'll see how it progresses this week.
To see more design wall postings, hop over to Small Quilts.

6 comments:

Barb said...

Voted off, ha ha cracked me up.
I'll stay tuned to see what happens - happy planning

Amy said...

When Bloglovin gave me the teaser photo of your post, I thought,"Whoa, I like those nine patches, envisioning sashings and cornerstones and more sashing." I hope they aren't edited out in your churndash story.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh no voted off?? Can't wait to see what you do!

Mary said...

Lol, I could adopt them if you vote them off. Have fun playing with them!

Tu-Na Quilts said...

I arrived here because of the pic on the design wall link. I think these plus looking nine-patches would make a stunning quilt. But paired with churn dash blocks, well, let's just say, it would be a shame if they were voted off the island but if they were, there's tons of other possibilities for them.

Kate said...

The 9 patches could be a fun quilt of their own. Looking forward to seeing what direction you go with them and the churn dash blocks.