Friday, April 20, 2018

Orillia Visit

I've had computer problems this week so haven't had a chance to post about my wonderful day in Orillia on Wednesday. My photo program had to be reloaded, and the operating system needed an overhaul, and in my nonexistent spare time I've been chatting with "AppleCare" staff in other parts of the world to figure all of this out. Computers can be so great and also so stressful. I will try to post some photos and will be amazed if they appear!
I wanted to take a photo of my "Scrap Rescue 911" quilt in the snow. When I finished it in February, there was no snow. And here it is the middle of April and now we have snow! Such weird spring weather this year. 
I went for a walk by Lake Couchiching looking for a spot to photograph this quilt, and found this perfect rock. You can't tell in this photo, but it was really windy, so this was the one lucky shot where the quilt wasn't blowing away.


I also like this photo. I was laughing to myself as I positioned the quilt because I wasn't sure what I was walking on here at the water's edge here and was hoping the ground was solid under the snow! I envisioned myself showing up to the guild meeting soaking wet!


Anyway, I was able to enjoy a brisk walk, took some fun photos, and arrived to the right places and the right times. The guild members were very attentive and encou
raging, and we had wonderful conversation. Here is the afternoon guild members starting to assemble.

And this is the location for the evening guild meeting - Thimbles and Things. What a fun store! If I lived around here, I'd be spending a lot of time and money here! There is so much to see ... and look who I found?!? 




This is my quilty friend Christine from Cookstown, who randomly appears at quilting events and it's so fun to see her when I least expect it. We last met at Quilt Canada 2016 and have taken several classes together over the years... unplanned and synchronistically! 
I am so thankful that the driving was good and the roads were clear for this trip since the last week was horrendous weather. And now I'm home safe and sound, and in much need of some sewing time!

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty quilt - sorry you are still getting snow!

Frog Quilter said...

Love the nine patch quilt top. My favorite. Stay warm in this crazy weather.

Christine said...

Thanks, Kathy. Your computer seems to be working well again. That is not what you want to spend time on!

Deanna W said...

Pictures..check, blog entry...check...looks like things are working fine. Look at you quilter super star...travel all over!!

sue said...

I was certainly inspired by your presentation at thimbles & things! I went home with a package of mini charms and I have now made them into half square triangles, they are squares and ready to be arranged into a fun quilt! I have also saved my bits from squaring up the blocks and i have an idea as to what I will create with them!
Thanks again for a great evening and look forward to seeing you again!

Janet O. said...

The snowy photos compliment your quilt nicely, and I'm glad your feet stayed on solid ground. :)
Glad you had a good experience with your guild presentations!

Teresa said...

Beautiful 9-patch quilt. Why the name Rescue 911?

Kate said...

Love the Scrap Rescue 911 quilt and you got some great photos of it. Hopefully spring is on the way to your part of the world soon.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE!!! The quilt, the snow pictures, AND the fact that you enjoyed a random meeting with your quilting friend. :o))

Louise said...

Always fun to run into friends in unexpected places!

Mary said...

Nice to see your smiling face. Pretty snow picture with your quilt. Keep it in Canada, Please. !@#$%* computer troubles, I had some too. I'm glad I can Blog from my phone.

Anne Ida said...

LOVE the quilt in the snow pictures! What a fabulous double nine patch!