Sunday, April 29, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party! 
Handwork gang!
A couple of weeks ago in Karen's hand stitching post she referred to us as "Kathy and the hand work gang". That made me giggle and I remembered this photo... a vicious gang indeed!
Why not join the gang?!?
Prepare your favourite beverage, grab your stitching project, and enjoy the relaxation that hand stitching offers. 

This week I finished a hand applique block for a sampler quilt. It was a lot more challenging for me than it likely looks, especially to all of you experienced hand appliquers. There is not a sharp point on any of these leaves! LOL But it's done, and it reminded me that I don't really enjoy applique, so I'll go back to my hand quilting today.
You can see some of the other blocks that will join eventually this one in a sampler quilt here.

What are you hand stitching today? Link up your blog post below and share your project with us. 

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

14 comments:

Jill said...

Karen’s comment regarding your gang also made me giggle. You do have quite a following despite some of us not doing handwork and/or posting about it every week. The tongue-in-cheek photo sums it up as sometimes hand stitchers have to defend their work. ;-) Hopefully, I can participate with your ‘handwork gang’ today.

CathieJ said...

I always think that since I enjoy hand-stitching I should enjoy all aspects of it and I am disappointed when I don't enjoy it. I have yet to try hand-applique. I know I am not a fan of machine applique, but you never know. I thing your leaves look just fine. I will be joining that "handwork gang" today, but in a much calmer fashion. LOL

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

there are many kinds of leaves and rounded are my favorite :)

Funny photo!! :)

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

What a great photo! I am currently doing my favorite hand work - whipping binding on a quilt. But I haven't posted on it yet. I don't think I'll get back to my wool applique until fall. But I'll join the party when I can. Thanks for hosting! I do enjoy seeing what everyone is doing.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your leaves are just fine, perfection is over rated sometimes. You just gave your project your own special touch.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so glad to be part of the Gang!! had to laugh when I saw the photo this morning!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Some leaves are more rounded than others...I love the colours you used. I am definitely happy to be a Slow Sunday Stitching Gangster!

Cathy said...

Your leaves look wonderful to me! I don't know all the fine points about leaves but realistically lots of leaves aren't pointed!

I hang with the gang almost all the time but most Sundays the post would look the same as the previous Sunday and the Sunday before that, etc. so I usually only post at start and finish of a hand quilting project.

Kate said...

I love the colors in your applique block, they really catch your eye. No one will notice the lack of sharp points. Happy stitching today!

Sarah said...

I'm with you on hand appliqué work. I struggle with it but yours looks great!

sandi s said...

I’m joining you today and I’m sewing down a binding on a baby quilt. It’s a donation to my quilt guild to give away. I always read and enjoy your blog. Have a good day! Hugs,

Miaismine said...

Your block is so pretty what with the design and combination of colors. Thank you for hosting and sharing!

Deb said...

Love the applique block and the Gang photo brought a big smile to my face.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I look forward to Sunday posts. I'm part of the gang too. I'm so relieved to read your thoughts on hand applique. I am trying..."trying" the freezer paper method and I'm surprised I've had issues with it. But I'll persevere and master this technique. I love hand stitching and will NOT let it beat ME!! lol.
xx, Carol