Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Swoon Progress




didn't make a design wall post yesterday because there was nothing on the wall to show then. I have been working away on my Swoon UFO to cut all the sashing and binding strips, and trim down the 9 blocks to 24.5".

And finally, here is the first row of 3 connected blocks pinned to the design wall. I am attaching the sashings by machine to the front and back of the quilted blocks, and then stitching the last joining seam on the back by hand (tutorial here). It's a slow process, but I am enjoying it!

10 comments:

Béa said...

Very very beautiful !

The Cozy Quilter said...

I'm swooning over your Swoon quilt! You will be done by the end of the month for sure!

Katie said...

I like the way its going together for you. Are these three blocks already joined? I don't see the sashing or is that to come.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks good

Deanna W said...

Wondered where you were...you don't usually miss Mondays!! Your swoon blocks are coming along and soon another UFO will be finished.

Needled Mom said...

Gorgeous!

Raewyn said...

Your blocks look great!! I've used this method of QAYG before and thought it turned out well.

Missy Shay said...

It's looking good!

cozykoza32a@gmail.com said...

Glad you are enjoying yourself.
Kathleen Mary
https://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

Kate said...

Beautiful Swoon blocks! This is going to be such a gorgeous quilt.