Thursday, June 02, 2016

June UFO

I decided to put last month's project away for a little breather, and go back to working on the previous month's project. I am trying not to focus on the fact that neither of these quilts are finished, and UFO goals have not been reached for a long time! Instead I am going to focus on the progress that has been made, and keep trying.
Swoon is back. 
I have been working on it a lot this year (piecing and quilting these blocks) and perhaps if I really focus on it this month, maybe it could be a finished quilt?
Here are all the quilted blocks laid out on the floor.
I have moved them around a hundred times. I'm not sure if this is the final layout or not, but I can start trimming the blocks and cutting the sashing strips and preparing to join them in "Quilt-as-you-go" fashion (tutorial here).
I am optimistically linking up to June's sign up for One Monthly Goal.

18 comments:

Béa said...

Almost finished and very beautiful, good luck !

cozykoza32a@gmail.com said...

You are not alone with moving things around. When I am no longer interested in something, I put it away for a while. Then at a later date I see it in a pile and have renewed interest.
Kathleen Mary
https://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks! Progress counts a lot and you've been moving lot of things along. Good luck with your OMG for June.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

You go, girl :) FINISH it...the colors are perfect for summer :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have that pattern and keep saying I am going to make it and never get around to it.

Ellen said...

You are getting so close to having another beautiful quilt finished!

Mary said...

You can do it!! Switching goals makes it not boring month after month.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Won't it be wonderful to have this one finished - so close!

LesQuilts said...

Hi there! Will be great! I am good at layout, can I make a few suggestions? Looking at the picture as a 1-9 grid, I would switch #3 and 9. Then you have a dark row diagonal and a light row the other

LesQuilts said...

Diagonal. Then switch #2 and 6. Then yellows will be balanced horizontally. Will be great, I wish I was as brave to do the Swoon bolock! Take care, Leslie

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That one will be finished soon! Wish you could be at the TOGA. Have fun at your quilting event, instead. I'll be thinking of you.

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE the yellow and black Swoon. Beautiful.

Deanna W said...

Imagine my surprise when I received an email from my guild president asking us to look at your blog and the Swoon blocks. She likes them and was wondering if they could be part of next year's program somehow. You are in the big time now. Wonder if they would like you to come to the guild...I might have a connection...right Kathy!
Signed your northern blog stalker!!

Lisa J. said...

I love your version of Swoon.

Missy Shay said...

It looks great, I love the colors you used!

Nicole Painchaud said...

Been wanting to do a swoon quilt for such a long time! Inspire me please!

Stephie said...

I really love this one Kathy - the colour's you chose are so calming. Not meeting UFO goals...tell me about it 😏 !! Keep plugging away - there are a few more weeks yet!

KaHolly said...

Am crushing on this quilt. When you get it finished, I'll send you my address! Good luck accomplishing your goal!