Saturday, June 25, 2016

Scrappy Saturday

I received a surprise package in the mail this week from Kristin who blogs over at GumdropsLook what was inside... a rainbow scrap challenge pouch with an orange zip!
There are few things more fun than getting something in the mailbox that is unexpected, and not a bill or a jury summons!  And this package travelled over 9 hours crossing the US-Canada border, coming all the way to me from Wisconsin! 

So fun!
And guess what was tucked inside?
These little squares are already cut and ready to sew into a project.



But that's not all...
More scraps were in the package. 
Just look at these!
Thanks so much Kristin for this fun gift!
I set right to sorting and cutting these treasures to sew into my various RSC projects.

First up was some scrappy sprout blocks. I made an orange sprout which was last month's colour, and an aqua block for this month.
This is a free pattern from Tracey and can be found here.




My fabric garden is growing well and I have 10 sprouts now. They look healthier than anything in my real garden this year!



To see more rainbow scrap projects, hop over to the RSC link up.

17 comments:

scraphappy said...

What a fun surprise! It isn't every day that a rainbow shows up in the mail. Your sprouts are growing nicely. Hopefully your real garden isn't far behind.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute bag. What fun to receive great gifts in the mail.

Deanna W said...

fun surprises are always nice!

Peggyinno said...

I thought I heard you squealing with delight all the way over here in Texas!! Lol!! What a great surprise!
Love, love, love those sprouts! Such a fun block!

Pam said...

Your color sense puts me over the moon! I just love it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lucky quilter!! Scrappy bag AND scraps to use? SWEET!! I know you will have FUN with scraps and bag alike.

Julierose said...

Oh love those scrappy sprouts--where did you find that pattern, if I may ask...hugs Julierose

MissPat said...

These sprouts have been on my wish list since I first saw them m. I just need to finish one of the dozen other projects first.

Ivani said...

What a nice surprise! Your sprout blocks are growing.

Dasha said...

Such a lovely surprise package. You are so right about the bills etc. in the post. No one writes letters any more, and very few people send cards, let alone packages.

Sally Trude said...

I wish my real garden looked as wonderful as your fabric one!

Janet O. said...

What a fun rainbow scrap surprise!

Kate said...

Very fun surprise. Your sprouts look very lush, beautiful colors.

Kristin said...

Hooray!!!! I'm glad you like your treat! I had fun tracking the package and seeing it take it's time through customs. Your blog is so fun to read and you are such a dedicated sewer, making a rainbow zippy pouch was the least I could do for you! =)
xoxo
-Kristin

LA Paylor said...

oh what a cool fabric garden. So dramatic with a lot of whimsy too.

PaulaB quilts said...

You are so fortunate to have such a thoughtful friend. The sprouts look like they will be Jack and the bean stalks before the end of the summer. Guess you will have to find another name than sprouts.

Magpie Sue said...

Woohoo! What a great gift - and what a good friend!