Friday, June 24, 2016

Circa update



I haven't written about my Circa 2016 project since the beginning of the month, but work is continuing on my little 3" blocks. These were the blocks made mid month - "little tree" blocks on the left and basket blocks on the right. You can clearly see the difference in complexity and sizes of pieces in these two blocks, and I very much prefer making the basket blocks on the right. They are so cute!
Last week's block is called "Old Maids Puzzle" and they turned out well. It has been so fun to visit these old block patterns and make them in my favourite mini sizes.
We are also supposed to be making 120 HST blocks at the 2" size for the final layout and I need to get going on that. I cannot even imagine how all these blocks are going to come together, but I guess the mystery will be solved sometime in October.
Thanks again to the wonderful and generous folks at Temecula who are providing this sewalong to us for free!

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your little blocks

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Someone told me to check out the header photo on the Temecula blog--sure enough--there is the quilt--mystery solved! Your blocks are very cute--I think I'm behind a week or two, but at least they go together quickly!

MissPat said...

I'm amazed at how many quilt-a-longs you've been doing and how you've managed to keep up with them. I'm woefully behind on most of mine, although I have gotten other things done in between.

MissPat said...

I'm amazed at how many quilt-a-longs you've been doing and how you've managed to keep up with them. I'm woefully behind on most of mine, although I have gotten other things done in between.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

These have been fun little blocks to play with. I am getting anxious to put this one together.

Mary said...

They are fiddly blocks. I'm almost caught up too. This weeks blocks will have to wait a week or so. Vacation is calling me.

Kate said...

You've done such a great job of keeping up. I don't envy you all those HSTs, good luck!