Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Midmonth UFO update

June is more than half over and I am right on target with my UFO this month! Swoon is my project to finish in the next two weeks. Here are two columns on the design wall. The short horizontal seams are done, and only the long vertical seams still need to be done... and there are only 2 of them, so it should be no problem to finish those in the next two weeks. I have the binding already on the third section that is not on the design wall (binding is my favourite job and I couldn't wait to get started on it). I'm so excited to be nearing completion of this 4 year old UFO!

10 comments:

Karen said...

I like the calming palette you have used for the Swoon blocks. Looking forward to your finished quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That is a really nice color combination for these blocks. I don't often use yellow as a main color in my quilts. In your quilt... it TOTALLY works!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I still think of doing the swoon quilt one day, just too busy with all the rest!

Dasha said...

Lovely combination of fabrics. Is this project quilt as you go? Wondering because you mention you have the binding on the third section already

piecefulwendy said...

I really like the swoon block. Yet another quilt project to add to my already lengthy quilt bucket list!

dq said...

Those blocks and colors are so darn pretty!

Julierose said...

this is such a lovely piece--so many pieces in each block...hugs, Julierose

Needled Mom said...

I am so excited to see this one finished too. It is gorgeous.

Kate said...

Congrats on all the progress.

Teresa in Music City said...

Happy dance! It feels so good to know you are almost finished with a UFO! I really like these blocks, although yellow is not usually a favorite color of mine. Maybe it is the blacks & grays mixed in with it, along with that delicious touch of cheddar?