Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Aurifil BOM

I am finally caught up with making all the Aurifil BOM blocks. The patterns are posted in blues, but I am using reds for my project. This is block #3 called Improv Star. I really like the piece of fabric in the block centre, which is from the Sweetwater line called "Mama Said Sew Revisited". I love that whole line of fabric and bought a big hunk of the "Vanilla Apple Red" to use for the backing on this quilt.

I string pieced squares and cut them in half for the star points.








This block joins the pile of the other 4 blocks, and I am ready now for June 15th when the next block pattern will be released.
I'm linking up to Lorna's "Let's Bee Social"...hop over to see her adorable chipmunks!

10 comments:

berylthepearl said...

Your red squares are so pretty! This will be a stunning quilt.

Karen said...

Interesting red fabric in the center of your star.

Dan Kelly said...

The reds are gorgeous! All the little half square triangles in the basket block look nightmarish to piece, but it makes for a beautiful block!

Mary said...

Good blocks for your Red fabrics. It's fun to watch from afar this time.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I really like the strippy star points!! I'm going to have to remember this and try it myself.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

They are all beautiful! :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That would be a perfect block for the TO Batik Stars block exchange. Think about joining up (I'm planning on 2 sets). http://www.kelsew.info/to/tobesummary.html

Vicki in MN said...

You are going to have one awesome quilt in the end for sure!

Kate said...

Those red blocks are gorgeous.

Kristin said...

Love what you have done so far and can't wait to see what is next! Great color choice! =)