Sunday, December 30, 2012

Slow Sunday Stitching

This is the last hand work link up of 2012. I hope you were able to enjoy many moments of peace and renewing solitude while working on your hand work projects over this past year.
Here are some interesting tidbits about "Slow Sunday Stitching" linky party:
1) It was inspired by a turtle!
2) I have written 30 hand stitching posts, and showed 9 different projects I was working on (not including binding), of which only 3 were actually finished! "Finishing" is not the turtle's goal, so that's not a problem! LOL! 
Today I will be enjoying some hand quilting on my "Journey of A Quilter".
3) There were 29 different bloggers that entered Slow Sunday Stitching links in the last 2 months of 2012!
4) The winner of the draw for this cute project called a Snap Pack is the blogger who posted the most hand stitching links and that is....Kim of CajunQuilter's Quilts! Thanks for sharing your projects with us Kim! Email your address to me and I'll pop this in the mail to you.
I hope you all will be able join us next year for more Sunday Linky parties and share your hand stitching projects with us.  Thank you for your inspiration and encouragement in 2012!
What are you working on today - the last Sunday of the year? If you finish it today or tomorrow, you can write 2012 on the label!! LOL


8 comments:

scraphappy said...

Such a nice way to end the week. Always nice to remember that some things are best enjoyed for the journey.

cajunquilter said...

Oh WOW !!!!! I came over this morning to read your blog as usual while I drink my coffee and to link up and read I won something!! I didn't even realize there was a giveaway. But I am so very happy I won. Thanks so very very much.

When I read I won I yelled. Hubby wanted to know what was so exciting lol. You made my day!
Thanks again! And I hope you continue to do the slow stitching sundays next year. I recently discovered it and am really enjoying it.

Janet O. said...

Very cute little festive wall hanging.

Kate said...

I had forgotten how much I like embroidery. Your Slow Stitching Sunday posts really helped me get back into those kinds of projects. Unfortunately, time to work on them hasn't been easy to find.

Barbara said...

Very cute projects. Is there supposed to be a linky party here today? I'm not seeing it.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I purchased a couple of patterns this week so that I can do some hand stitching in 2013. It has a long time (decades!)since I last embroidered and I'm excited...

Ellen said...

I squeezed in a final finish for 2012!

Not sure what I did to my linky picture....

Thank you for hosting!

Denise :) said...

Perhaps it was for quilters and stitchers that the quote..."Don't get so wrapped up in the destination that you don't enjoy the journey," was written for. So we can say our unfinished projects are journeys we're enjoying, not destinations we're consumed with getting to! :)