Saturday, December 01, 2012

November Quilt Square Quilt Along

For November's Quilt Square Quilt Along there was a choice of two blocks. I liked them both, so I made two this month.
This has been a really fun project and I have used almost all the scraps left over from last year's  Quiltmaker mystery. I bought mostly fabrics from the Sweetwater Pure line when I was in Vermont in 2011 (actually that store may have been in New Hampshire?)  I really did have way too much fabric if I could get two quilts from that supply list! Now I am running low on the lights, so I used a couple different fabrics for the outside border on this block (and didn't use the 4 patch border blocks).
And the second block this month was really easy. I changed up the measurements, and skipped the QST's in the border. 

There might be enough fabric to squeak out another block, which will make a perfect quilt layout of 12 blocks - 3 across and 4 down.

What will the last block be? For me, it will have to be one without light fabrics for sure!
Hop over to Jo's Country Junction and see the other blocks that have been sewn this month.

4 comments:

Deb A said...

I'm guessing you went to Keepsake Quilting - in NH! We might have even crossed paths at VQF that year. Love your block with the changes. The blue and brown are so pretty together.

Janet O. said...

Two more blocks that are easy on the eyes, Kathy. This will be such a soothing quilt, IMHO, because the colors are so soft and calming.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Both blocks looks wonderful! Can you believe this is almost over?! ~Jeanne

Lynn said...

nice job doing two blocks this month! Hopefully you can squeak out one more next month. Good job using up your leftovers!