Friday, December 21, 2012

21/12/12

It's 21/12/2012 and there is a lot of speculation about what might happen in the world today - click here to read about it. But if you're reading this blog post, it probably means the world didn't end - woohoo! And that means it's a great day for four reasons:
1) It's the shortest day of the year and now the days will get longer! We have survived the darkest part of the year! When my kids were younger we would build an ice tower from coloured ice cubes and put a candle in the middle to celebrate the end of the longest night and to welcome the return of the light. 
2) It's Friday Night Sew-In! 
There didn't seem to be an official sign up this month, but that is not stopping me!
I'll be working on some last minute Christmas gifts.
3) Part #5 of Easy Street mystery will be posted!
4) It's just another ordinary miracle day! If these are not enough reasons to be happy, start your day by watching this video... and feel gratitude.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Cute idea with the ice cubes. Yep, we're still here, Blogging away! Did you really think that the Mayans could predict our future??? Have a great FNSI. I'll be joining in spirit with my Part 5 Easy Street cutting and sewing.

Janet O. said...

My son showed me this video earlier this week. Love it. I want to find "beautifuler things". : )
The ice tower intrigues me. What a fun little tradition.

Kate said...

Thanks for sharing the video, it made for a nice start to the day. Enjoy your Friday Night sew in, I'm off to an end of the world party tonight, so no sewing for me.

Dresden Quilter said...

I too am try to finish up some projects tonight. Is it bad of me, when I saw your photo of ice cubes,in google reader I thought they were thimbles? Good luck with everything.