Sunday, December 02, 2012

Slow Sunday Stitching

For the last few months, I have been accomplishing a lot of stitching on the bus back and forth to work. But my hand work time has been dramatically decreased for the last month for two reasons: 
1) we switched to daylight savings time and   
2) it's the end of the school semester.
What do these two events have to do with my hand stitching? Well, with the time change, I am now coming home from work in the dark, which means no stitching on the bus. And, it's the end of the semester, so all the students that should have been going to school all along, have suddenly started to actually go to school, so the bus is jam packed and I have to stand all the way to work in the mornings, which believe me, is not conducive to stitching! 
Once exams start, I will be able to sit again and get some stitching done on the way to work.
I have started a new project in anticipation! I am hoping to be able to finish it for a Christmas gift, but that may not happen for this Christmas!
Once I loaded this photo I realized how crooked my needle is! Did you notice that?!? My goodness, it's time to splurge and get out a new needle!
And I have a few gifts to get in the mail to blog winners over the past month or two, so I'll try to get that done this week. 
What are you stitching this week? 
Blog links this month will go into a draw to win a little Christmas quilt kit called "Deck the Holly". Link up your hand work post below and share your project with us. 

7 comments:

Deb A said...

Wow. And not one of the kids will offer you their seat? Only 20 more days and then it will start to get lighter. It is amazing the amount of things you get done on your ride to work. Thanks so much for hosting this linky. It got me to do some handwork this year and I really love it.

Sheila said...

I didn't realize how small you letters and hoop was until I saw you needle. Pretty stitches!
We are making Christmas table runners this weekend : )

Angie said...

Ditto what Deb said - I look forward to seeing everyone's hand-stitching projects every week!

Ellen said...

You do get a lot of hand work done. I think we really do just have to slow down and take the time to do it because the results are always so fantastic!

audrey said...

The picture of your needle made me smile! I do that so often, suddenly realizing that I'm stitching with a very bent needle!

AnnieO said...

Ugh, standing all that way? Darn kids! How do you draw your lettering on your fabric--is it traced or freehand? I'd like to do some sayings on fabric and would appreciate a couple of hints, thanks!

The little kit is darling!

Kate said...

Hope you get a chance to do more stitching on the way home soon.