Monday, December 17, 2012

Design Wall Monday #48

This is what is on my design wall today...step #4 parts for the Easy Street mystery.
It is very relaxing sewing and the geese are coming out fairly well. I have a few geese without a beak/point but that's OK with me. I am enjoying the variety of purples I have in my project, from the deep dark purples to the lighter violet. I can't wait to see what block we are making with these pieces and I hope they all work together well.
Step #4 isn't done yet...I'm a few blocks short still (have 35 sewn and need 64). I have all the flying geese pieces cut out and ready to stitch, just haven't had the energy and/or time to finish it up yet. And I haven't even cut a single lime green square! I may have to abandon the mystery until after Christmas since this is such a busy week coming up.
I found my other Easy Angle ruler this weekend! I knew I had a smaller one but hadn't been able to find it (it was in a very safe place!) It's much easier to cut this size of triangle with the smaller one.
I realized when cutting these pieces that my cute little pink Fiskars "self healing" mat is not self healing anymore, and I seem to be cutting chunks out with my rotary cutter - WAAA :(
Back to using my faithful old green Omnigrid standby!
Hop over to Patchwork Times to see more design wall postings, and then over to Quiltville to see the progress of the mystery quilt stitchers.

16 comments:

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
beaquilter said...

uhh I'm still working on step #2.... need to catch up

Ellen said...

I love those colours together. It really does look so pretty. Pre-blogging I made a quilt for one of my nieces using purple/turquoise and it turned out so pretty. I will have to find the pictures and post them on my blog.

Teresa in Music City said...

I'm enjoying the variety of purple colors too Kathy! Love that she added both the reds and blues in there :*) Your geese are looking great! I'm still plugging away, trying to catch up!

Anonymous said...

I would be very, VERY tempted to sew those together and skip the other steps!! Love those geese!

Paula, the quilter said...

I love all the bright and cheery colors you are using in the Easy Street mystery. I have an assortment of cutting mats and always seem to go back to the green one even though the smell bothers me.

AnnieO said...

They are very pretty geese! I'm not doing the mystery but am curious about where Bonnie will take this next :) Glad you found your other ruler--dontcha hate it when the safe place is hidden?

Doniene said...

Love, love the geese - this is going to be one spectacular quilt!!

Blessings

Mary said...

My part ones are still not all done. I have put my easy angle somewhere safe too. Maybe it is hiding with my brand new Log cabin ruler that I brought home. Luckily I have a Nifty notions HST ruler that worked with the companion angle for me. Loving the mystery and linking up twice every Monday.

Dee said...

Easy Street is looking great! I'm hoping I'm able to keep up through the holidays.

Deb A said...

Looking good! I trimmed up step 2 at work yesterday afternoon. I need to start step 3 tomorrow...... I am hoping to catch up next week.

Heather said...

I think this mystery is turning out lovely. have been visiting around the web to see the different colours eing used.

As a follower of your blog, I am writing to invite you to join in gallery of Christmas Tree Skirts. Today I have written a post about the tree skirt that I made several years ago. I eagerly look forward to putting it under my tree each year. I hope that you will join me in featuring your Tree skirt. one you made, one that has been handed down for generations, perhaps it was a gift. Share your story and photos in a blog post (it can be an older post) and then visit my post and add your link to Mr. Linky and then leave a comment.

Thank-you for considering this opportunity. Feel free to share it with any of your online or personal friends. The more the merrier.

http://www.heatherpearson.com/2012/12/oh-christmas-tree-skirt.html

Heather

Pokey said...

They all look great Kathy! Keep up the good work ~
:-}pokey

Anonymous said...

Your geese are looking fantastic. I too love the variety of purples you have.

Gari in AL said...

At the beginning of this quilt I had to do a massive hunt for my easy and companion rulers. Of course they were "put away" but since I don't use them often, where was "away"? Heavy sigh of relief when I could put my hands on them and get started cutting (my least favorite thing to do). Keep up the good work, don't stop now!

Kate said...

Love the rich purples you've used. Hope you can keep up even with though the holiday brings so much extra stuff to do.