As part of my commitment for Judy's UFO challenge, I have finished UFO #6 on my list!
I saw the block tutorial on Sally's blog and started trying out the blocks when I was at SewFestWest last April - see photo here. The blocks were finished in September and then they sat in a bag waiting for the UFO challenge to start in January. I pieced the backing from the scraps and was very happy that there was nothing leftover to put back in the scrap bins.
Here are some photos of my machine quilting, which I do on my 10 year old Brother 1500. I started with the standard stitch in the ditch for the blocks, and then some swirls in the border. All the thread was Aurifil and the quilting was so much fun...not a single thread break and only one slight tension problem when I went too fast around the swirls!
I am going to my guild UFO meeting today and am so happy to have a completed UFO for show and share! Hope I get home safely before the big snow storm arrives!
Check out Judy's blog to see other UFO finishes for January.