Monday, February 14, 2011

Design Wall Monday #7

On my design wall today is my guild's mystery Block of the Month project.  I have almost run out of the background fabric and had to substitute a light on block #12 which makes it really crazy looking! But I am happy with the vibrant energy of this quilt so far. This is the order that the block patterns were released and isn't very balanced in terms of the colours, but I wanted to show the guild members each of the blocks as the patterns were posted.
I am planning to add some borders, so that is what I will be cutting out today.
In a couple of weeks, when it's the mystery has been revealed at guild meeting,  I can tell more about the pattern on my blog and give you to the link to the instructions if you want to make one too. 
To see what other quilters are working on today, visit Judy's blog - click here.
Happy Valentine's Day! 

19 comments:

Tamera said...

Those turned out very cute!

Ellen said...

I love the colours - it looks like it will be a very happy looking quilt!

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Good variety of colors in your blocks. They are great.

sophie said...

Vibrant is a good adjective for this set of blocks. I look forward to seeing how you set them--it's going to be a great quilt.

Bonnie said...

Kathy -- did you piece selvedges for your background in one of those blocks?? Neat idea. And, you guys don't go in for easy blocks do you? These look terrific. Post another pic when the borders are on!

Diane said...

I love it can't miss with star blocks!-can't wait to see the results!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

What wonderful stars! glen

Judy D in WA said...

I love bright and happy! Can't wait to see what you do next.

Kathie said...

Very cheery quilt. I especially like all the star blocks, a favorite of mine.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow! I love the colors in that!!

pcflamingo said...

Love it! So bright and cheerful.

Susan said...

That is such a cheerful quilt. Really is coming along well.

Gail said...

Happy and vibrant are just the words to describe these blocks, what will you use for a border? This will be wonderful.

Gari in AL said...

Wow, that's a quilt that will really wake you up in the morning. And I really like the blocks.

Angie in SoCal said...

I love the colors - think it turned out great!

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks. Vibrant is a good descriptor, the blocks have great energy!

AnnieO said...

Nice and bright and friendly--like a toy chest of stars :)

happydaysquilting said...

Great looking quilt, I love all the different blocks and colours.

Greenmare said...

this is one of the cheeriest quilts I have EVER seen! can't wait to see how you treat the borders!