Saturday, February 26, 2011

Scrappy Saturday - Red

This is the last Saturday for the red rainbow scrap challenge.  For January's blue challenge, I managed to find a UFO featuring the colour of the month and made great progress on it...to see my January's blue project click here. This month I tackled a redwork UFO - hand stitched blocks from 2008. You can read more about this project in my UFO confessional - click here.
Last Saturday I went through my red scraps and cut out pieces for the alternate blocks.  I had way more red scraps than needed and am now contemplating a scrappy border to use up those leftovers. Here are the blocks on the design wall. Notice the hole where the last stitched block should be? I'm still working on that one!
Just for fun, you can click on these links to see some of the other creative settings used for these adorable stitchery blocks:
Quilts and Siggies (being hand quilted!)
Michelle's Quilts (scroll down to see this project)
It was my goal to get this top sewn together by the end of February, but that won't happen.  My red project might have to extend into March. Wonder what the March colour will be?
Hop over to Angela's blog to see what other red projects are seeing some progress this week - click here.

12 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

I love how it looks. Wonderful job!!

Jane said...

Stunning.
I can't wait to see what we're working with next month. It'll be time to get the thinking cap on again

Judy D in WA said...

Perfect setting Kathy! Love the idea of a scrappy red border.

Amy said...

Ooooooo what a pretty quilt! If I may ask, what size are your blocks? I'm not much of a stitcher---I'll leave that talent to you and my MIL. Very very pretty, though.

Scrap - Happy Quilter (Ila) said...

Very beautiful! You did such an awesome job!

Elly D said...

I like this setting very much :) You did good to get the top thus far this past week. It's beautiful.

Kate said...

Beautiful quilt! Love the setting you've chosen.

Julie said...

Love the red and white!

Michelle said...

I love the setting for your Quilter's Blessing blocks...very nice!!!

Candace said...

It's really beautiful.

Ellen said...

Wow that looks great - nice and crisp looking!

Lilian Pilar said...

is a beautiful work, embroidery in red and I love the wonderful designs
a big hug
(traductor google)