Sunday, February 13, 2011

Be Smart!

The first part of this post is only of interest to fellow bloggers...I was finally successful in purchasing additional storage space for my blog photos. The problem was that my blog was at the max for photo storage in Picasa, which is the program that Blogger uses to post the photos to your blog. If I started to delete photos from that account to free up storage space, those photos would no longer show up on my blog.
My options were: 1) start a new blog using another program like Wordpress or LiveJournal OR 2) purchase more storage space OR 3) have a photo-less blog (not an option!)
I wanted to stay with Blogger instead of starting over with a new system (I'm lazy!) so I researched the increasing storage option. Happily, to double my current storage space only costs $5! So I tried to purchase the space, but kept receiving error messages saying my "request entity is too large". My brilliant son (not bragging here, but I spent hours researching this, and was unable to figure this out!) suggested that I try another browser since maybe Google (owner of Blogger) doesn't play nice with Safari (browser of my beloved Mac) ...well, that's not exactly what he said, but that's what I was able to decipher from our conversation. I tried to purchase the storage space on another computer with another browser and TA DA I am back in business!
And here is my first photo stored in my newly expanded photo warehouse...
block #9 for my BeAttitudes quilt is completed!
This was the most fiddly block so far, with having to buttonhole stitch around the bird's little feet. But I am happy with how it turned out.
BeAttitudes is on my W.I.P. wish list on the right side of my blog (you can click on it to see my other blocks so far). I only have 3 more blocks to go.

12 comments:

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

Im sorry you had such a problem! I decided early on to use Flickr pro. It is so flexible and allows me to batch upload, organize, and use print services like snapfish. I hope everything is smooth going now.

Darlene said...

Glad you got the challenge resolved - I keep wondering when I'll run out of space. HMMMM

I love when you show these blocks - a project I wanted to do but didn't.

Diana LaMarre said...

I am glad you got that problem figured out. I am also glad to hear it's only $5 since my space is 80% full. Is that $5 a month or a year?

I love your block. It's going to be a fun quilt.

Quilt Rat said...

I currently still have a fair amount of space (I think) but I plan to purchase the extra space when the time comes too. I like to keep it all together as it really is a journal of our evolution in quilting...isn't it?

absolutely LOVE this block!!!!

Debbie said...

Thanks for the info about photo space...guess I'll run into that problem someday too. Be Attitudes is one of those quilts I want to make someday...have everything for it! Awesome job on your owl.

Diane said...

love the block-going to make that one someday too.
also curious if the $5. is monthly/yearly or a one-time only deal.

AnnieO said...

Smart indeed! This is adorable. I hope I don't run out of storage for a long time, I love to post photos on my blog too.

Marge said...

Isn't it wonderful to have kids.
Marge

Michelle said...

Nice job! I also have the Be Attitudes quilt in my "WIP" pile. Seeing yours makes me want to get working on it again! :)

Laurie in Maine said...

If you add another "blogger" to your account and give them "permission" to post - you can post as that person and have picture space again. You might need an extra email address. I can't remember...I have a couple, but GMAIL MSN YAHOO are all free. My daughter was sharing my computer when hers broke and filled my space limit without realizing it.

Floss said...

I think that its great that the first phot in the new storage id be smart, it seemd to go great with the story.

Becky said...

Thanks for blogging about the storage space! I'm getting the message about needing to purchase more space. I did do some clean-up on my laptop and blog which helped some. Have a great weekend!