Thursday, February 24, 2011

Retreat Report Day 3

Day 3 was a lot of fun...so much was accomplished AND the massage therapist was here to soothe our aching muscles!
I was able to finish this quilt top that I started last week. It's a disappearing 4 patch, the same as my finished UFO for January - click here to see it. I started cutting up some 5" squares from fabric donated to the guild and before you know it, I was loving the soft colours (that I don't usually work with) and now it's a finished quilt top, ready for quilting!
This is the last day of retreat, so we are going to clean up and get in a few more luxurious moments of sewing, before we head home to see how our families survived without us.

9 comments:

Appalachian Mercantile said...

Last days of retreats are always a downer...you want them to go on and on! At least you have a little something to show for your efforts! I usually spend a little too much time chatting and don't get as much done as I aspire to finish...

Blessings...

Vivian said...

You'd gotten a lot done at the retreat. I just HAVE to try the disappearing 4-patch. The steps are so easy and your finished quilt is pretty as a picture!
I have a mini retreat next weekend, and the catching up and chatting seems to go on for a whole day. My only productive day is Saturday, and suddenly it's Sunday afternoon and time to pack up. But every retreat is time with quilters. You've made the most of your days and worked on some great projects.

Mary said...

I'm decided I am making a block of the D4P with each of my Monocromatic quilt fabrics after mis-cutting my Violet block wrong for this month. It will be a rainbow quilt! Massage sounds so fun too!

Jan said...

Love your D4P! Soft and cozy.

Kate said...

Beautiful quilt! Thanks for sharing your retreat adventures!

pcflamingo said...

LOVE the Disappearing 4 Patch pattern! I have made many many Disappearing 9 Patch quilts, but the 4 patch is really calling to me now. Those soft colors are just yummy.

Ellen said...

I really like your D4P. I have never made one before and I think after seeing yours that it needs to go on my list of patterns to make. Love!!!!!the massage part.

Helen in the UK said...

Oooh, I love the softness of this quilt! Have done a couple of D4Ps, but not with squares as small as 5" before. Another 'one day' quilt to add to my list :)

Candace said...

Your D4P is so soft and cozy looking. The blocks look so intricate, hard to believe they started out as beautiful but lowly little 4 patches.