Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Retreat Report Day 2

We are having a fabulous time at retreat...sewing, visiting, relaxing and not sleeping much! Yesterday I sewed a few arcs for my IOP, a few Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll blocks, and worked on my UFO alternate blocks. But I got mostly wrapped up with this little laser cut kit from John Flynn.
I took a photo of the kit beside my rotary cutter so you can get a sense of the size of the pieces. It's a mini storm at sea block and I am LOVING playing with this!
I'll upload a photo if when I get a block done.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here it is! On my computer screen, it's bigger than in real life! The corner blocks are 1" and the center block is 2"...how fun is that!?!?

7 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

WOW! Those are some tiny pieces. I love it! And can't wait to hear how this project goes. How much fun are you having!!!!

Debbie said...

Love those batik colors. What a challenge it looks to be...can't wait to see it finished.

Quilt Rat said...

Now that IS pretty tiny, I would think it would be quite a challenge working on such a small scale
It is looking fabulous!

scraphappy said...

What an adorable little block. Those laser cut pieces really allowed you to get great accuracy. Good luck in getting the whole thing done.

Amy said...

Did you know that Webster's Dictionary has a new definition for insanity??

Yup....next to Insanity, the definition now reads "...the result of piecing a 4" storm at sea block by Kathy"

Yup Yup....

Anonymous said...

Gotta agree with Amy....insane! Yup pretty sure you are. Some quilters have enough trouble doing those blocks in normal sizes!!Enjoy your retreat the days go by so quickly!
Northern Blog Stalker

Quilt Doodles said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love it.