Sunday, November 01, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party! We invite you to settle in for some relaxation, visit our inspiring stitchers at the links below, and take some time to put a few stitches in one of your favourite projects.



This week I put hand stitches into 2 projects. First I finished stitching 200" of binding of my October UFO



And when that was done, I finished my new pillow by making a ladder stitch on the edge. It gives such a nice finish... almost invisible.

Now that both of my finishing jobs are done, I'll be back to knitting my Thanksgiving gift and working on my Siddi quilt.

What are you hand stitching today? Link up your blog post and share your slow progress with us.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

14 comments:

Kim said...

Gosh 200" of hand stitched binding??!! You must be so happy it is done. I have never thought of using a ladder stitch on a cushion....such a fabulous idea.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Thank you for hosting the slow sunday stitching. You had a big binding project going on, good to be done.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I will be binding and quilting - have a good day

Sarah said...

Sounds like you could be in for a nice relaxing day. Enjoy!

Denise :) said...

Great job on your two finishes! That feels lovely, doesn't it?! Enjoy your day!! :)

Ivani said...

great finishes Kathy! 200" of binding? I am just imagining the number of stitches you have done.
Happy slow stitching during this Sunday.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Finishing that binding is always a great accomplishment! I loved seeing your pillow, too. Have a lovely Sunday, whatever you work on!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Kathy, I love ladder stitch and use it a lot with joining applique pieces. If you pull it just right, the stitches are invisible on both sides. Well, that's what I try to attempt. LOL Meanwhile, lovely finishing up you are doing here.

Karrin Hurd said...

Great finishes, congratulations!

Deb said...

Nice finishes, and wow 200 inches of stitching.

CathieJ said...

You did a whole lot of hand stitching this week. I like the ladder stitch for finishing the pillow.

Anonymous said...

Every day is slow stitching at my house! Fantastic finish on your October quilt!

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

The Cozy Quilter said...

Isn’t it nice to put two more projects past the finish line?!!

Deanna W said...

Better late than not at all. It has been a busy day and a stiff neck to boot! I am just trying to finish UFO once again. Hope all is well with you!