Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Finished UFO

I'm so excited that I met my UFO goal this month! It was really busy and that I managed to complete a quilt feels terrific!

This quilt top was made in a mystery quilt class with Deb Beirnes 2 years ago. I sewed the top on my 1953 Singer 301 which still sews like a dream.

I machine quilted this project on my 1995 Brother 1500 which also still sews like a dream. You can read more about the "loose feathers" quilting design I tried in Friday's post.


Here is the finished quilt measuring 50" square. The original pattern is by Larisa Key.

I put a little panel of the Eiffel tower on the back just for fun, with a Riley Blake black and white print and a strip of tan Kim Diehl fabric
.


I was disappointed that the feather/hearts quilting design is sideways to the Paris panel on the back. I didn't realize I did that until I took the photo of the backing just now. Oh well, that's the way things go sometimes.
Linking up to One Monthly Goal

11 comments:

Julierose said...

What a lovely Paris quilt--nice finish congratulations on beautiful quilting too...now you can sit back and enjoy looking at it and petting it with a nice cuppa ;)))
hugs, Julierose

Flickenstichlerin said...

Beautiful finish, congratulations.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on knocking another UFO off your list!!!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

It's a very pretty quilt! Congratulations on your finishes. Lovely that your machines serve you well. I love old solid machines!

Pamela said...

Nice finish! I love the Paris panel on the back, so pretty!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Jill said...

Congrats on finishing a UFO. Eiffel Tower is perfect for the background.

loulee said...

Fantastic finish.
Some things are worth taking time over and waiting for.

Sarah said...

Well done. Always satisfying to reach a goal! The fabric really blends with the signature fabric. I like the Paris panel on the back too!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Congrats on the great finish!

Patty said...

Lovely. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!