Sunday, November 15, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party! It's time to take a deep breath, pick up your needles and threads, and put some stitches in your project.

It has been such a busy week at work that I haven't had the time or energy to sew or blog at all. So today I'll be sitting with my feet up, hand stitching the day away while I watch the Masters golf tournament. It certainly is different with no spectators during the covid tournament.

I'll start by stitching these gold french knots on my Stitcher's Revolution tea towel. The progress is slow and steady, but I still have one more tea towel to finish before Christmas, so I better pick up the stitching pace a little bit!

What are you hand stitching today? Are you starting to think about Christmas coming and gifts you want to finish? Link up your blog post below and show us what you're working on.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

15 comments:

Kim said...

Some weeks are like that unfortunately. Enjoy stitching those french knots as you put your feet up and watch the golf.

Ivani said...

Enjoy your Sunday Stitching. You deserve a relax time.

linda said...

Enjoy the golf, that tea towel is going to be lovely.

Deb A said...

I hope the relaxing stitching preps you for another week. Thanks so much for hosting the linkup and all the encouragement over the years.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I've never been into sports myself but hand stitching while watching seems like a relaxing thing to do!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Those French knots will finish off this tea towel perfectly. Sorry you have had such a stressful and busy week. I hope your stitching time restores you, body, mind and soul!

Sarah said...

Stitching definitely soothes the soul. Have a lovely relaxing day and enjoy the golf!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The Masters and some embroidery sound like a great combination! Enjoy your day!

Karrin Hurd said...

I still have 2-1/2 more tea towels to embroider for Christmas, including one of those chocolate ones, and one of the whisk me away ones. Thanks again for pointing those transfers out to us!

Birthe Marie said...

Hope you have a quiet day where you can relax with your stitcery. Love these retro motifs! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great plan for Sunday. I need to cut more pieces for blocks.

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

AnnieO said...

No time for stitching is not good! The shortness of daylight makes it hard to get motivated after work sometimes. Hope you find more time to push needle and thread this week. Your French knots look good!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I have more and more days that I just feel like I don't get anything done. So I have decided smaller projects and no deadlines it gets finished when it is done. That's why I love Slow Stitching Sundays it's not about how much gets done but the enjoyment of stitching them.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kathy, I hope that you got some stitching done while watching the game. I know that I'm often too tired after work to do much of anything. Last week I had a few deadlines so ended up staying up very late most of the week to get them done...it took a lot of coffee to get me going in the morning. At least the commute is just to my dining room!
I hope you get an easier week so that you can play and stitch! Take care.

QuiltGranma said...

Too often I have started a Christmas project late, and have had to hurry as the day neared, and then (needing the sewing machine) it decided to act up every time! As we have gotten older we no longer give to many that we used to, so I no longer have to worry about that.