Monday, November 02, 2020

Frolic is back!

Did you see that the fabric requirements were posted for the next Quiltville mystery? Of course I will join in when it starts at the end of November, but I am lamenting that I haven't finished the last 2 mysteries - Frolic and Unity. I'm so close with both of them and each one just needs some concentrated time and effort. 

So Frolic pieces and blocks are on the design wall today. It is my November UFO goal to get this quilt top finished! I think the next step is to finish the 4 partially made blocks on the right side. I really like the block on the top left because the red striped fabric was one of my brother's favourite dress shirts.

Linking up to Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts.

12 comments:

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Such pretty colors together. You'll enjoy having the special memory of your brother.

Anonymous said...

Frolic is absolutely lovely! I’m going to need to check out the upcoming mystery quilt.

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Nann said...

I like your Frolic colorway, Kathy. I'll be interested to see what you choose for Grassy Creek!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck on getting your Frolic top together this month, Kathy! It's going to be a beauty.

Deanna W said...

That striped fabric also makes the block look like it is spinning! I have frolic together but not quilted and I just didn't fit in Unity at all....so I could start the mystery guilt free?!?!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Nice to have some of your brother’s shirt in your quilt. You have a few weeks to get this one done so you can start the next one almost guilt free!

Julie in GA said...

Your Frolic blocks look great, love the colors!
I should finish my Frolic top too. I have the center together and need to do the borders.

MissPat said...

I stopped working on Frolic when we were in FL last winter. Because the last step and reveal came after we left, I didn't have the right fabrics with me to continue. Then I never got back to it. Now I don't know if I can figure out where to begin again. Good luck with finishing yours before the new one starts.
Pat

sue s said...

I did a pass on Frolic and am halfway through Unity. The tiny pieces were getting me frustrated so it took a time out. It's on my list to finish next summer.

Janet O. said...

I look forward to watching you Frolic through November. :)

Deb A said...

Great choice and good luck with your goal. I found the lake mystery container a month ago.... must go searching for the instructions.

Kim said...

Oh yes get those two. tops pieced then you can really enjoy the new mystery. Just finished up the binding on Frolic.....what fun ! Happy Sewing!