Tuesday, October 11, 2016

UFO Progress

Some progress is being made this month with my "Grandmother's Choice: Votes For Women" UFO. Finally!
I did not fuss around about the layout much. I set a timer for a half hour and gave myself that amount of time to do some block switching. I tried to spread around the blocks with strong colours (gold, greens, reds, etc) and separate them from each other. I also tried to place the applique blocks around evenly. 
Here are the strips hanging on the design wall. There are 6 columns of 8 blocks. I decided to sew three sets of two columns and I will baste and machine quilt them in these sections. It should be totally manageable, right?
Okay... now, I have to decided how to quilt each block!!!

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the progresss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great and well balanced

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job of distribution. Maybe I should try the timer method sometime. : )
    Good luck on the quilting decisions. I think a mix of pieced and applique blocks in a sampler presents a greater challenge. I'll be curious to see how you resolve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing the progress! Looks beautiful ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking great!! You'll be so happy when it is done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious about how you plan to join the three sections after you've quilted them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great. I only see one block I would have asked about lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The block rearranging is always the hardest. When its a scrappy quilt, no matter how hard you try there's always two blocks side by side. LOL. Love how this is coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the 30 minute time limit!!! never thought of that...I spend days.
    Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice to see these blocks coming out to play! I have fond memories of making them and watching everyone's blocks take shape. Looks like you have a good plan!

    ReplyDelete