Wednesday, October 12, 2016

New Halloween Project

I don't very often buy kits because I really like the process of choosing my own fabrics for a quilt. But I saw this kit at Kalidoscope Quilts and couldn't resist. I like how the kit was organized and labelled so I didn't have to guess about which pieces go where.



This it just the right project to work on when my brain is sore from building the bear. It starts with easy rail fence blocks for the border. I am piecing this quilt on Lucy the long bed Singer 301.





This is the perfect time of year to be sewing with these wonderful Halloween fabrics. The question is... will it be finished in time to enjoy it on Halloween?!?


11 comments:

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

What a happy fun little quilt!

Kate said...

Very fun!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

That will be really cute,

Deanna W said...

Those are some really nice halloween fabrics...especially love the white one with all the witches hats! Get R'Done!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that will make a cute hanging! I rarely buy kits - I have one for a large quilt and I was just looking over the directions and a little confusion is going on - so it is back on the shelf and will get busy on it this winter.

Mary said...

Digging in my Stash is one of the best parts. Have fun stitching it up. A flimsy is very possible while you let your brain rest from making the Bear.

Janet O. said...

I am sorry about your sore brain and it sounds like this is a good "recuperation" project.
It will definitely be ready for Halloween--of some undetermined year. : )

Laura said...

If not this Halloween, next Halloween. There's always another!

Deb A said...

I really need to take out my halloween things.... the month got away from me. I know I have a row of pumpkins that need to become something. Thanks for the reminder and good luck finishing your wall hanging.

Barb said...

love halloween fabrics

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That is going to be a cute quilt.