Friday, October 28, 2016

Circa 2016 blocks are together

After working on this project all year, the quilt blocks are finally sewn together!
This is a major accomplishment for me since my block sections surrounding the centre medallion did not fit together. Any changes to the seam allowances would result in mutilated blocks, so I had to figure it out differently. I resized the black coping strip border around the centre medallion and used a thousand pins to make everything fit together. It doesn't lay very flat, but I'm hoping all those little waves will "quilt out"!
I am so excited to have the quilt to this stage! Next up is the HST border which might require another coping strip border to be added, but that's okay. 

23 comments:

  1. Oh Kathy I love it. I bought some more fabric today to use to finish mine. I mostly have Fat Quarters of my CW fabrics. Hoping to work on mine a bit this week-end. We have a month to finish up these other SAL and BOM projects before the 1st Clue, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome and good for you in working thru this one. I haven't even got to pulling the setting fabric. Luckily I wrote all the instructions and measurements down before she removed them, but I may have to fiddle like you .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt top looks great...I don't see any ripples at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned into a real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilt...love how the coping strip border makes it work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt top is beautiful, such a wonderful accomplishment.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - this is fabulous! It's been so fun watching your progress! Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it turned out beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful! I'm loving seeing all the different versions--they are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous quilt! I can sympathize with blocks not fitting together. My current project is made with scrappy 2- inch squares. The biggest "block" is a 49-patch. Is hard to get everything to stay square. Hang in there! It is a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning ; what a beautiful job ! I really like the colors in this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your setting is wonderful! I'm sure it will ease out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome! I love it.
    The Quiltville Mystery sounds interesting. Great colors. Very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am quite impressed with your Circa quilt top even though you had to adjust and pin. Looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree, very, very impressive. It's going to be a gorgeous quilt when it's all done. I admire your patience in working through all the issues.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks great together! You've worked on this quite a while, and it was worth it all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, oh! So excited to see this! I just blogged about this quilt being my One Monthly Goal to finish. I've also set mine in a light background, so I'm glad to see that works when put together (whew!). I hope my borders fit (biting nails).

    ReplyDelete