Monday, October 10, 2016

It's a bear!

Are you making a bear quilt with Lorna over at Sew Fresh Quilts?
I am sewing a small version of the quilt... maybe a wallhanging or a table runner kind of thing. Just look at all these pieces! It is a lot of work, and I must say that Lorna is an amazing "one-of-a-kind pattern designer". I consider myself to be an experienced quilter, but this is one challenging pattern I must say! 

This is a bear somewhere here!
The pattern is written so clearly that I just follow one step at a time and somehow magically these blocks just come together. 
To see more design wall postings, hop over to Patchwork Times.

18 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Looking good. I had started my 'bear' sections until I got wrapped up in the latest project. Look forward to getting back to it.

Needled Mom said...

I can see that bear appearing.

Kathy S. said...

LOVE it! Great work.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Oh, that's going to be great! I thought about joining in, but I just cannot start another project right now. Have fun!

Laura said...

It looks great! It's the negative of my white bear on a dark gray background. Can't wait to see it done!

piecefulwendy said...

It's coming together! I love bear paw blocks. Can't wait to see your finished quilt! Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

Janet O. said...

This is such a great design! Looks like the "bear parts" would make for some very interesting piecing!

Bonnie said...

That whole bear quilt is fabulous but I am trying so hard NOT to start new projects. I will enjoy seeing yours done!

Ariane said...

It's looking great!!

Laura said...

Lookin' great, Kathy! I agree; it is a challenging pattern, but I am lovin' the design!

Kate said...

It's a very fun quilt. Looking forward to seeing your all stitched together.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I haven't tackled the bear itself, yet, just the bear paws.

margaret said...

a bear with lots of paws I think

Lorna McMahon said...

Your bear is certainly taking shape nicely! So glad to have you quilting along, Kathy!

Mary said...

Your bear is coming out of Hibernation before winter this year. Hurry, he needs to go back in the cave...

Raewyn said...

It's great to see the different variations of this quilt, and I agree Lorna is a unique designer :-)

Rebecca Grace said...

It's looking really good so far!

Lisa J. said...

i'm just getting started Kathy. Yours is looking great!