Sunday, October 09, 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching

From Journey of a Quilter
Happy Thanksgiving! 
Depending on where you live in the world, it might seem too early in the year to be extending this greeting, but this is the weekend we celebrate Thanksgiving here in Canada. 
I love Thanksgiving... a whole day devoted to food and gratitude. What could be better than that?!?
Well, if you add in beautiful fall weather to enjoy a walk in the great outdoors while enjoying the company of people you love, AND you have some time for hand stitching, you've got yourself the perfect day! 
Life is Beautiful block #29

This week I finished block #29 for my Life Is Beautiful project. There are only 3 more blocks to embroider and then I will be ready to start quilting. 
Today I will get the next block prepped and ready to stitch while watching some post-turkey eating baseball on TV. And with each stitch I take, I will remind myself of the things I am grateful for...including my Slow Sunday Stitching friends!
What are you hand stitching today? Link up your blog post below and share your project with us. And then visit the blog posts of the stitchers before you and give them some encouragement!

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

19 comments:

Jo said...

The first picture looks like a Leanne Beasley block. Very nice

KaHolly said...

I LOVE this Life Is Beautiful blocks! This one is gorgeous! Happy Thanksgiving to you to from Cape Breton! XO

The Cozy Quilter said...

Happy thanksgiving to you and your family! I am thankful for many things including my quilting friends!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Your Thanksgiving us much earlier than ours is.

CathieJ said...

Happy Thanksgiving! No matter where, it is about family. I love that holiday.
I have been enjoying these blocks. I like this saying.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Happy Thanksgiving - I lost track of time and didn't remember this was the weekend for our neighbors in the north to celebrate

Denise :) said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kathy! I hope your weekend has been a lovely one. Certainly your stitcheries are lovely! :)

Deb A said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful day with family.

Lyndsey said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kathy. You block is very pretty.

SandraC said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We are doing it much different this year and just having a quiet dinner, just the two of us. I am excited to try making creme brulee for the first time!

Missy Shay said...

I like the colors you used.

Monica said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Life is Beautiful is looking great, can't wait to see it come together. :D

Deb said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Your life beautiful block is so pretty, I hope you have time during the festivities to stitch.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Happy Thanksgiving - enjoy your slow day.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Sure love you stitching.

Sarah said...

Happy thanksgiving. It sounds like you have a great day planned, enjoy!

Kate said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your day with family and friends.

Miaismine said...

I have greatly enjoyed following your progress on your Life is Beautiful quilt! It's quite lovely!

Is that a new beautiful quilt on your blog header? So beautiful!