First of all, I forgot to draw the winner of my 10th anniversary celebration. I finally did that last night while I was washing the Good Neighbours yardage, and the winner is...
comment #98 which is Jackie J!
Congratulations Jackie... your number was picked out of 123 possible winners, so you should probably buy a lottery ticket too while your luck is so good!
On the design wall today is last month's UFO. Sadly it did not see much progress in September, even though there was a lot of brain power and time spent on it. Options were explored, creative layouts looked at, and no decisions were made. I really enjoyed reading all the ideas, suggestions, and creative thoughts shared in the comments when I posted some layout possibilities. I learned a lot and each comment gave me 'food for thought'. I liked all the layouts and just could not decide.
So then I had to delve into "what is the hold up here" and why am I stalling on making this decision?
Lots of brain work going on and NO sewing.
So this month, there shall be sewing!
My decision was finally based on this:
-sending a large quilt out to be long arm quilted is expensive, and I really do want to quilt as many of my quilts as I can
-without adding any more sashing and borders, the sashed blocks in this quilt were just about at the maximum size I can manage on my domestic sewing machine
-but if it looks beautiful with more sashing, then I would not be able to quilt it because it just going to become too big and unruly for me to do so.
Decision finally made...
in a stern voice I say to myself...
Kathryn just sew it together and make it the size you want it to be and stop trying to make it more complicated for yourself. Stop it! Accept that it is what it is, and believe that it is beautiful enough!
Phew... what a relief to get over that hurdle. Once that cognitive dissonance was gone, progress began immediately. I set up my free standing larger design wall (which is called Cheryl Ann's Design Wall and measures 72" x 72"). It was not big enough to hold all the blocks, but I made it work with some blocks laying on the carpet.
And now the sewing can begin.
My UFO goal for October is to get these blocks sewn into a quilt top.
To see more design wall postings, hop over to Patchwork Times. And to see more UFO goals, hop over to the One Monthly Goal link up.