Friday, April 17, 2015

Scrap Squad Sewing

QM scrap squadB3 Scrap Quilt Ideas: Beths Stars in My Crayon BoxDid you see Pam's Scrap Squad quilt posted this week? If not, click here to hop over and see her quilt. I love her version of this pattern and all the creative changes she made that make it so unique. I am making the same pattern this month as Pam did, and mine will not look anything like either the original pattern or Pam's version. That is one of the best things about quilting - each quilter adds their own unique creative touches to everything they sew.
I had all my blocks on the go for my Scrap Squad quilt, but it was lacking a little bit of spark. I just kept staring at the blocks and wondering "what else...."
So I did a little stash enhancement to get the creative juices flowing and just look at this great batik turtle fabric I found to use.


More turtle blocks are being adding in, I'm planning to add a paper pieced block, and some photo transfers to my quilt.


Okay... back to cutting up turtles!
Have a great Friday!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Pam's quilt looks very different from the original design and now I look forward to seeing how yours will differ from both of those versions.

Deanna W said...

Good luck...I know you will make your's shine!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I saw Pam's post and quilt - what a great change to a pattern to personalize it. I can't wait to see how the turles fit into your plans.

Debbie said...

Pam's quilt is gorgeous...and I love the turtles you're adding to yours. It will be such fun to see what you do with the pattern.

Scrappy quilter said...

Going to go and visit her post right now.

Janet O. said...

I love what Pam did with the pattern and I can't wait to see how turtles play into your version!