Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Life Is Beautiful

Life is Beautiful block #6
I have finished stitching block #6 for my Life is Beautiful quilt. Every time I finish stitching a block I say to myself "this is my favourite one so far"!

And this week my quilt guild is pulling off another miracle. They are building a show of amazing quilts! It really is a miracle when so many people make the effort to work together, to take an empty room and fill it with an incredible display of quilts. It is being held this Friday and Saturday in Guelph, Ontario, so be sure to come if you are within driving distance. Prepare to be inspired! Details are here.
And of course I am sewing on the hanging sleeves, which I always leave to the last minute and then am mad at myself for doing that! But still, I do it every time!

13 comments:

Kate said...

Block number 6 turned out beautifully! Enjoy your quilt show this weekend.

Created by Kathi said...

Lovely "red" work... can you remind me what type of thread you are using for this? I am loving each block more than the last as well! This seems to be such a fulfilling project... Hope your guild show goes splendidly too :) Kathi

SandraC said...

I'm so glad of the reminder of the quilt show this weekend. I'd forgotten about it with all the hub-bub going on around here. I've never been to a quilt show in Guelph and am looking forward to attending on Saturday!

KaHolly said...

And, every time you post a picture of one completed, I say to myself, "that's my favorite one, so far", too! Love it.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Wish I could come to your show. Have fun at it.

Missy Shay said...

I love your block!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I think this block is a stand alone - perfect. I was amazed when our guild did their little show (that turned out so large and went so well). It takes everyone pitching in though.

Mary said...

Love seeing a Quilt Show come together. I'll be attending my 1st one sorta local this week-end too. I Love the sentitment stitched on your block #6. I enter my quilts so I have a good excuse to go. Hope you take some fun pictures to share with us.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Lovely embroidery and such a nice block.

Janet O. said...

That is a wonderful block--love the sentiment and the stitching is beautiful, Kathy!
I hope you will be able to share some of the show with us.

margaret said...

very pretty and love the words, shame wrong side of the pond to come to the exhibition

Scrappy quilter said...

I love the words too. Wish I was closer, I'd certainly drop in.

Deanna W said...

Good luck with the show..unfortunately I won't be able to make it down this year. Buy me a ticket on a mini draw if you are having that this year...love those minis!!!