Wednesday, April 01, 2015

New Project

Since I finished a quilt this week, it only makes sense that I should start a new, right?!?

It is time to start my next Scrap Squad assignment. I am sewing a pattern by Kari Ramsay called "Pointed Prisms" and it will be published in the next issue of Quiltmaker magazine. 
These are some of the fabrics I have pulled out to start sewing my "Sand and Sea" quilt. They may or may not end up in the final quilt... we shall see what develops.  I'm not sure the clown fish will end up in the quilt as they do tend to be attention hogs :)
I have started cutting and sewing 200 HST blocks.
It has been so fun being part of the 2015 Scrap Squad. We have finished the first assignment, and 4 versions of the same pattern have been shared on the Quilty Pleasures Blog



12 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow! All the quilts are stunning! Congrats on your gorgeous finish!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Wow, these are all great!

I love the stash you are going to use for your next quilt.

Happy creating ~ FlowerLady

Nell's Quilts said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with next! The fabrics look so beachy (is that a word) and fun!

Deanna W said...

I like the fishy fabric!! It always amazes me how one pattern can look so different when done by different quilters!

Janet O. said...

You just can't trust those clown fish, that's for sure!! *LOL*
What great twists on the same pattern. I look forward to seeing the next batch.

Mary said...

I hope the Fish shows up in this New Project. QM will keep you busy with New Starts this year. Can't wait for the Reveals of it. I'm glad you and Julie are on the Squad! Creativity is evident in your versions!

Rebecca said...

I love scrap squad!!!!

Judy Dietrich said...

Don't tell the others---but I like your scrap squad version best!!! Very colorful & fun fabrics. Good luck on the triangles & picking fabrics for the new project.

Terri said...

They truly are different. That last one seems like a different pattern.
Thanks for sharing those with us.
Hugs

Lisa J. said...

It's interesting how different the quilts are. I like them all.

Julie said...

What a great idea to show all the quilts from the pattern! It was fun to do. I love your new project fabrics. I'm glad to have mine done since I am first up on the blog this time!

Bonnie said...

Nothing like a deadline to motivate a quilter. Love the differences on the first scrap squad quilts. It amazes me that color placement can change the look so much. Thanks for sharing.