Thursday, April 30, 2015

April UFO


This darn UFO is almost a quilt top. It was a good effort but is taking so long in the designing stage. I added a 1.5" blue border, and then put the extra block parts on point. I didn't have enough blocks to complete the border it wanted, and I am still scrounging through the scraps trying to stretch them to make enough blocks. 
Also, I have not figured out the corners yet. Slowly chugging along... chug, chug, chug...
Good Enough!



This project is much closer to becoming a quilt, so I have decided to call the effort "good enough" for this month. I will put this UFO on the top of the "to do" list for May, and maybe more progress will be made.

And guess what? Bonnie is doing Quilt Cam tonight and I'll be getting out my hand stitching. Why don't you grab a project to work on, and I'll "see" you there at 9 pm.

13 comments:

Jo said...

I really wanted to see quilt cam this time but I now have to go into the city.mit is on at lunch time here

swooze said...

Looking good! Love your border. I am to the figuring out corners on my current quilt. Mi sketched them last night and think I have a solution!

PugMom said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Your quilt really sparkles!

Cathy said...

Oh, almost there...it appears the wait will be well worth it. I just love your border. I think the final quilt when finished won't just be good enough...it will be excellent!

Kristin said...

You have made tons if progress!! Don't be so hard on yourself! This quilt looks great!! You will complete it before you know it! Focus on the process and not the end result! :)

Flickenstichlerin said...

Oh wow, you are moving along here with a speedy sewing machine footer. Been watching you all week, what a wonderful project. This will turn out so pretty, love your border.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the colors!

Mary said...

Get your EQ up and play with those corners. Or just put a little bigger 4-patch in the corner. Yea, Quit CAm tonight when there's not much on TV!

Julie said...

These are awesome colors. I love the border. Good luck on figuring out the corners.

Mystic Quilter said...

This is such a beautiful colourful quilt and I do like the border.

Janet O. said...

Looks at all the progress you have made. It is good enough--so much closer to finished than it was last month!

Scrappy quilter said...

It's looking great!

Kate said...

You made a lot of progress. It's coming together beautifully.