Friday, April 03, 2015

Good Friday Sewing

Usually by this time of year the weather is warmer and the robins have returned, but I haven't seen one here yet. I did hear a robin singing this morning so it won't be long until they show themselves. 
Group members' blocks


Besides searching for robins, today I will be working with my little sewing group on our next donation quilt, which I wrote about on Monday's post.
My blocks
Here are some of the blocks we have collected so far. We will add these to the blocks I made (always brighter than the usual LOL!) plus the blocks that the group members have made this week. 







We will put them all up on the design wall and see what happens. Wish us luck!


12 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Good luck ... but I'm not sure that you all will need it. Those brighter blocks will make that quilt sparkle.

Deb A said...

Love the brighter blocks - they add a special touch. Enjoy putting that one together with your friends.

Dasha said...

I always love collaborative quilts. They are never boring. Everyone has different fabrics and different ways of teaming up colours. This one is looking good.

Dolores said...

I hope you have a fun time moving blocks around. I had my first robin sighting yesterday. He was in my backyard and was fat and very healthy looking. Now I know it's spring.

Kathy said...

Hot Cross Buns! Looks fine to me!

Vicki W said...

The robin are on the way. They have been hanging at my house for weeks but have started leaving this week.

Mary said...

Have fun putting your bright blocks in there. They will brighten the whole look of this quilt. I heard Birds in Chicago last week. I had to ask where they were, I couldn't see them. Yea, for Spring.

Julierose said...

this will be lovely--I really like the blues backgrounds throughout...hugs, Julierose

Janet O. said...

I'm sure you will turn out a wonderful quilt from the mix of blocks. You always have, haven't you (after lots of effort)? : )

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Those look fun and simple. My two favorite elements in a quilt.

Scrappy quilter said...

Those blocks are looking good. Hubby went outside yesterday morning and mentioned how all the birds were singing. Such a wonderful sign of spring.

Vic in NH said...

I love the whirlygig blocks and keeping one constant color does give them great unity. Nice work!