Thursday, April 02, 2015

March Binding Blitz

Julie is hosting a March Binding Blitz linky party. This was a very busy month for binding quilts here at Kathy's Quilts, which makes me happy because a) I enjoy the binding process, and b) it means more quilts are being completed!

Here are the numbers:

*I finished my two challenge quilts (a miniature and a wallhanging) which added up to 111".

*Then I quilted and bound a comfort quilt to be donated, adding  231" to my binding total.




*And after a couple of months of constant distraction from other projects, I finished my Sweet Treats quilt (51" x 60") with 222" of binding. Here is Granddog Max cuddled up on the quilt while I was stitching the binding down. He is giving me "the look" because I need to disturb him again to turn the quilt to stitch the next side.




So the grand total for March is... 564" of binding stitched!
And the first quarter of 2015 totals are:
January - 586"
February - 326"
March - 564"

Wowzer... 1,476" so far this year! Every little bit adds up!

11 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

I can understand why Max gave you the look...he is looking very comfy! I love binding too!

Bonnie said...

I missed the binding craze. I'm pretty good at binding when I finish a quilt. Love the black and white star binding.

Scrappy quilter said...

Great job!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Congratulations on the finishes! And I see they really are finished, the labels have been added.

Needled Mom said...

That is great!

Janet O. said...

You are a binding machine! *LOL* Congrats on the finishes.
I actually bound a few little quilts in March. Miracles never cease!

Nita said...

I think doing the hand binding is my favourite part of making a quilt. When suddenly what you're holding in your hands isn't fabric held together by stitches...it's a quilt. It's a transformation I never get tired of. :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You have been very busy!

Missy Shay said...

Great job on your finishes!

Anonymous said...

Wow, very impressive binding! It never occured to measure how much binding I have put on. Though in my case, it would not be nearly as impressive! Grats on all your finishes!

Kalicocreations said...

Hi Kathy! Congratulations on the finishes! I like the way you count how many inches you have bound.The tulips in your header are very pretty.
Terry