Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Mid Week Hand Quilting

If you need to relax and stay put, hand quilting is just what the Doctor needs to order. I had some cryosurgery for skin issues this week, and my recovery included lots of hand quilting!
I finished the top third of Always Home, and am happy with how it is looking. I am now quilting straight lines in the outside border following the plaid lines. You can probably see it best in the green border across the top.
I started quilting this wallhanging a year ago today while watching the Masters Golf Tournament in Augusta. It's now one year later and this project really needs to be finished before next year's tournament! It's well on the way, and I think I'm very close to finishing the middle section. I may need to prolong my recovery!

10 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

I agree that it needs to get done and be displayed so all can enjoy it! Hope your recovery takes just enough time to get it quilted!

Barb said...

You know maybe I should get me some hand stuff for when I take my mother to the drs....seems I go at least twice a week with her....thanks for the idea...yours is wonderful.

KaHolly said...

It's looking great! I love doing handwork. Happy healing!

the girlfriend gap said...

Your little houses are so cute. You will be blessed when it is finished. :) Janita

Needled Mom said...

It looks wonderful. I am surprised with how much you got done while watching that exciting Masters this year. ;-)

Deanna W said...

Rest and work hard on that quilt!! Hope all is well.

Janet O. said...

I had never heard of cryosurgery before. Had to look it up. Hope you heal up well.
Coming along beautifully with the hand quilting.

liniecat said...

My pal had cryosurgery but we had to fund raise for her to get it in Germany because the NHS wouldn't offer her it here.
On her return she had regular infusions of vitamin C too - so eat plenty of oranges lol
Take it steady and stitch away as therapy ~ its a perfect activity!

Missy Shay said...

It's looking great! I hope you are feeling better!

Sandy said...

So very cute! I agree about hand quilting as relaxation. I just never seem to find enough time for it! Must hand quilt tomorrow.......