Friday, April 10, 2015

A date with Ricky



I am late posting today because I am packing up to go and see Ricky Tims! Well, to be honest, it's not just me and him. There will be a few hundred other quilters there, plus me and my friend Louise! I am beside myself with excitement and can't wait to fill up my creative well listening to, and learning from, this amazing quilter and musician. I saw him in Paducah in 2009 and it was a great experience.
Check out Ricky Tims' facebook page to see how the quilters in Saskatchewan arrived to meet Ricky. We will not be traveling in quite that much luxury! 
However, I may be wearing my cowboy hat since he always wears his! 
I have a rainbow scrap challenge update prepared to post tomorrow, so you'll have to check back on Sunday to read all about the Ricky date!

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

Sounds like fun. I know he is going to be nearby me later this year with Alex, but I can't do everything, and I have hopes for another retreat later this year that I am saving for. Hope you will share your experience!

Deanna W said...

Oh can't wait to hear how fun it was and what you learned!!

Karen said...

I attended a program that Ricky did. It was quite entertaining.

Debra said...

Enjoy!!! What a treat! I would love to see Ricky and take a class with him. Have fun and can't wait to Read All About It!!!

Scrappy quilter said...

Have fun!!

Kathy MacKie said...

I attended Ricky's presentation and concert yesterday in Edmonton and he was just amazing, so inspiring.

Mary said...

I saw him in Pasco in 2013! Alex and Marcia came with him and of course Justin and Alex's DH, too. A chance of a Lifetime. I bought all his CD's!!! Hope you get a Picture with him, wear your hat for sure.

Raewyn said...

Have fun!!