Monday, April 13, 2015

Design Wall Monday



It is almost the middle of the month, and my UFO goal was to have the blocks completed by now. 
Not happening! 
I do have 25 blocks made and on the design wall, so that's a start at least. That is going to be another eye popper!






I have tons of block parts laying around here. I started these Carolina Chain blocks as a leader/ender project in 2010 - without a plan. And that is making it a little more challenging to put together now... which is also why it has been a UFO for so long. I don't have much more of these scraps, so will either add in new batik dot fabrics, or make the backing out of the odd blocks and call it a day finish the quilt.

This is how my sewing machine looks while I'm working on the blocks. One pair is already past the needle, parts are waiting to be sewn, and Alamo Star pieces are standing by as a leader/ender when needed!
To see more design wall postings, hop over to Patchwork Times.

15 comments:

Sheila said...

I'm loving the wonderful, colorful, rainbow quilts already!

The Cozy Quilter said...

The bright colours are a ray of sunshine, how big did you want this quilt to be?

Nann said...

I like the two-pair setting -- gives the eye something to concentrate on, rather than having the smaller two-color units scattered throughout the quilt. How many Texas Tears have you shed, er, made?

Bonnie said...

Fun, sunny quilt. Keep up the play with these. Hum, you can always make it smaller based what you have finished.

Scrappy quilter said...

Love all the colors you are using. I have so many odd blocks I'm going to work at making a couple of sampler blocks.

Carol Swift said...

So many bright colors in those tiny blocks...love it!

Deanna W said...

Nothing wrong with a bright quilt. I say make it smaller if need be and use what you have made...the odd ones can go on the back to continue the happiness!!

Stephie said...

Creating something without a plan can be very creative indeed - sometimes it just takes a bit of simmering first! This is a glorious quilt Kathy, such fabulous colours, makes me smile just to look at it! Hope you have a happy and productive week :)

Missy Shay said...

This quilt is turning out super cute!

Libby in TN said...

Sometimes it pays to have a plan. Sometimes you have happy accidents. Both are OK.

Kaja said...

Plan or no plan, it's working out well!

AnnieO said...

Definitely eye popping and happy! Progress is progress:)

Janet O. said...

Love your eye-popping quilts! : )

Julie said...

I love your color choices!

Kevin the Quilter said...

I just ran across this magazine last night.....I am going to have to start it immediately after seeing your version!