Thursday, November 16, 2023

New Quiltville Mystery Coming

It's a very exciting time of year for mystery quilters! Bonnie Hunter has released her fabric requirements for her annual mystery quilt adventure. This year's project is called Indigo Way and features dark blue, light blue, red, and white fabrics. 

Since in last year's mystery (Chilhowie) I had used scraps and worked with value (not colour), I was certain I would treat myself to new fabric this year. But I fell in love with a fabric line that won't be out until March of next 2024 (Shoreline by Camille Roskelley) so I decided that this future purchase might be for next year's mystery, and scraps will do for this year.

The scraps that jumped out are a bit unusual but I think this is what I'm using; navy, teal, pink and white. Is it too weird? The pink and teal values are a bit similar, so I might use more of the darker teals. I would love to clear these old pieces out and get them into a quilt. 

Are you sewing along with this year's mystery?

10 comments:

berylthepearl said...

Yes I’m sewing along. I’ve been doing this with her from the beginning! Not sure I’m going to use her colors but I’ve pulled the navy and red fabrics , except I don’t want white so will pick a different color

Kate said...

Love your color choices for this year. Some of those teals may be too light against your background, but the rest look like they will work. It is nice to get some of the older stuff out of the stash. I found some oldie, but goodie pieces of yardage to use for this year's mystery.

Terri in BC said...

I love you colour choices.
I've been hoarding a half-yard bundle of Day in Paris and a fat-eigth bundle of Dance in Paris by Zen Chic, so I've decided to use it for this project. I'm using the navy, teals. salmon pink and neutrals, and putting aside the lime green and grey for another (future) project.

Mary said...

Waiting for Friday!! I have my tote of Mystery fabrics ready. I have my Rulers. Interesting colors. Love the teal. Happy Fri-Yay 😊

Robin said...

I think your choice of fabrics is great.

Lisa in Port Hope said...

I think your colours will look very nice. I haven't decided on colours yet, except to not use Bonnie's. Last year I made a baby size, this year I may go slightly bigger.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your fabric and color choices are fabulous, Kathy. I look forward to following your progress once the mystery begins. I am still trying to decide if I will be playing along or not. Either way I will certainly enjoy watching you have loads of fun. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

I can't keep up with Bonnie's pace, and I like to know that I'll LOVE the finished project before I invest the time and materials.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a pretty combination. I am choosing the fabrics for the mystery now. I think I will make 1/4 the size since it takes me so long to make a quilt.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've never done a Bonnie Hunter mystery before, but I love the red/white/blues that she chose this year. I've pulled some fabrics from my stash and I'll start stitching (hopefully) later today or tomorrow. Only a week behind on stitching clues (and almost 2 weeks behind on blog reading).