Friday, November 24, 2023

Squirrel Finish!

There are several finishes in my sewing room this week and I'm so pleased! My goal was to make significant progress on finishing some of the fall/halloween things so I could move on to Christmas projects and the annual Quiltville mystery (which starts today!)

Yesterday I posted my Gobble Gobble finish, and today I am sharing my Mini Squirrel Sampler finish. 

This free cross stitch pattern is by Melisa at Pinker n Punkin Stitching and was irresistible to me. It makes me smile because my MIL had an ongoing feud with the squirrels in her yard. She had many old timey ideas about how to discourage them from digging in her garden, and the ongoing power struggle was very entertaining to us! 

The scrap of wood fabric that I found in the stash  is a perfect binding for the squirrel.

Finished size = 5.25" x 4.75" 

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a cute finish, Kathy! I always liked how you made the letters in different colors. Squirrels are very persistent little creatures - we're always feuding with them, too!

Jenny said...

Such a cute little squirrel learning his ABCs. No squirrel feuds for us, we dont have squirrels down here in New Zealand.

Kate said...

Squirrels can be so cute, but they can also be a major pain. But your sampler is 100% cute.

Tazzie said...

Ohhh that is so sweet, what a lovely finish!
Hugs, Tazzie

The Joyful Quilter said...

TOO cute, Kathy!!!

maggie fellow said...

Such a cute little sampler - you are binding the edges?

CathieJ said...

I love watching the squirrels in our yard. My mother in law feuds with the squirrels also! I love this finish!