Friday, November 04, 2016

Twin Circas

My friend Sandy and I have both followed along with the Temecula Circa 2016 mystery quilt. When she came to visit this week she brought her project so the two Circa quilts could meet.

My scrappy version is on the left and Sandy's red and neutral version is on the right. You will notice that she has already put on a coping border around the quilt, which makes it the same size as my quilt is without it's border! My quilt is about 2" larger than Sandy's. 
Hmmmm... darn that 1/4" seam allowance!
Anyway, the sampler blocks are together and I spray misted my quilt top and pinned it to the carpet to dry. It dried fairly flat, so I'm happier with it now. 
The next border is made of HSTs, so we are busy sewing those this week. This is the production line - 30 done and about 100 more to go. I'm still loving my BlocLoc ruler.

15 comments:

Lesley said...

Both are so beautiful!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Fun to see not one but TWO of these beauties! :)

Gretchen Weaver said...

Both quilts are so pretty but right now the HST's sound overwhelming. How many more borders are there after this one? Blessings, Gretchen And because I'm often told I'm a no-reply blogger - villacrestfarm@gmail.com

Ariane said...

They both look amazing!! I love them!!

Karen said...

Both great versions of the same design. I love scrappy quilts but I also love a quilt done in reds so I could not select a favorite of the two.

Jackie J said...

These are great looking quilts, you both did an amazing job!

Jo said...

I see you have both put your blocks in different positions... they look great...

piecefulwendy said...

Both of the quilts are fabulous, so much work! And I'm glad to hear someone else ponders that quarter inch weirdness! Like you, I love the BlocLoc ruler; it's changed my whole attitude regarding HSTs! Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

Miaismine said...

Both quilts look so lovely! I'm still always amazed at how fabric colors change the look of the same quilt! Awesome! Thank you for sharing!

swooze said...

Thanks for sharing. It's interesting how the solid color border/sash whatever really pulls out the color of the overall quilt.

Needled Mom said...

How alike and how different! Beautiful.

Janet O. said...

Really enjoy seeing two of the same, but different, side by side.
I use my 1 1/2" bloc-loc ruler so much I wore off the lines. Took it to a vendor mall at a quilt show where I knew they had a booth. They had me sign my name on it and they replaced it with a new one, free of charge. They kept the old one to go on their wall of fame.

Mary said...

I Love the Circa Quilts. How funto have abuddy to come cheer you on witht eh finishing. HSTS done and squared up with a great ruler is always a PLUS!

Helen said...

They both look beautiful !!

Kate said...

Both tops are turning out beautifully. The red pops a bit more than your darker borders, but I like both versions.