Saturday, November 19, 2016

Scrappy Saturday Spools #3

For the rest of the year, I am really trying to finish my scrappy spools quilt. You can read more about it in my blog post here.
Add caption

This week I am working on the bottom left corner. I have to make the right colour of spool block to fit in the spaces of the setting triangles at the end of the diagonal rows. Then each of those spool blocks needs two neutral squares added to either side. 
I'm really tempted to put this away and make some fun scrappy blocks! Part of my challenge is that I had been working on Allietare which is also an on point layout and I am tired of tackling these long seams. I keep getting distracted by thoughts of wanting to start something new, but am really committed to finishing this quilt top.
Must. Push. On.
To see more RSC projects coming to completion, hop over to the Saturday link up.

15 comments:

Dasha said...

This is coming along nicely Kathy. Keep it up and it will be finished in no time

The Cozy Quilter said...

Keep going! You are sooooo close! Try doing one long seam each time you sit down to sew....

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your spools

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It's grown so much already; keep on keeping on :)

Angie said...

Good luck with your struggle against Startitis - you can do it! (I'm in the same boat) The quilt is going to look great when finished!

LA Paylor said...

just amazing what comes of a lot of little blocks. The whole is graphic and striking! Great job! See, now I'd start fussing with quilting options... while I'm sewing the ends together.

Kate said...

You are doing so well on getting this one to completion. It's going to be such an amazing quilt. Hopefully you can reward yourself with something new once it's finished. You've done pretty well at tackling and making progress on the quilts on your UFO list.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Good for you for sticking with it! I always slow way down at this point, too. Time to get back to it, I suppose! Your spools look wonderful!

The Joyful Quilter said...

New is not always better. Finishing is FUN!!!

Needled Mom said...

Those spools are going to make a gorgeous quilt.

gayle said...

I'm struggling not to start anything new, though Bonnie Hunter's new mystery is about to start, so there's that...
Love those spools!

Janet O. said...

I'll be rooting for you to stick with it! It will feel SO good to have a finish instead of a new start, don't you think??

PaulaB quilts said...

Take a little break to start a small project. Then you can return to the spools with new energy.

Katie Z. said...

You're doing great! I too find on point settings challenging, but you'll be so accomplished when it's done.

Sheila said...

This is looking great. Like you, I don't care to work on point. My quilt usually ends up a bit wonky.