Sunday, November 20, 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party! 
It's time to take a deep breath, pick up your needle and threads and take some stitches in your project.
Guess what I will be doing tonight?!? 


My most favourite quilting activity - hand stitching a binding! 
I finally finished hand quilting my bow tie quilt and it's ready for the binding. It's so exciting when you get to this stage of making a quilt. It's especially true when you have worked on a project for hours and taken it everywhere you have been for months. This is a terrible photo, but when I have time for stitching, it's always dark and difficult to get good photographs. By the way, did you see all the great comments on lighting tips at the link up two weeks ago? Click here to check it out.
Maybe next week I'll have a finished project to show!?!
What are you hand stitching today? Link up your blog post below and share your progress with us.

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

18 comments:

Sarah said...

Your bow tie quilt is awesome. Sewing the binding isn't my favourite bit but I do agree with the sentiment of satisfaction and a job well done! Have a great day.

Jo said...

Well done on a near finish. I love the binding on my quilts but for charity I machine them. Today there was no hand stitching just lots of machine work. Catching up on my Dear Janes, Splendid Samplers and my LQG challenge row quilt blocks. Busy busy busy. It was too hot to hand stitch. I think we got to 40 C......

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Congratulations on the finish! Seems like that went quickly ; wow! :) :)

Sue said...

Looks great. Love the little bow ties.

SandraC said...

Love the bowties, but I'm not a fan of binding, although there is the satisfaction of knowing it means a finished quilt!

Created by Kathi said...

thanks for the Sunday PARTY!!! I love it here :) Enjoy binding your bow tie quilt! Kathi

Karen said...

The little mini bow ties are cute as can be. Makes a nice border.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love how you did that border - perfect!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How exciting!! So close now and I just love this quilt.

Deb A said...

Congrats. Enjoy that binding stitching.

Deanna W said...

I had to link an old post as today's post is lost in Linkin space somewhere. Check out my entry from November 20 to see what I have been up to.Busy busy!!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Sew fun to be finishing up a project! Great weather for staying inside and sewing. Snowing and blowing here!

CathieJ said...

I'm looking forward to seeing that finished quilt. Enjoy your binding.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I finished hand stitching a binding on this morning, while working safety committee at church (sitting and greeting people who come in, with lots of 'quite' time. I doubt I'll get a post up.

Jennie in GA said...

Adore the Bow Tie!! I love hand stitching bindings, too.

Lyndsey said...

Love the Bow Tie quilt. It's ging to be fabulous when it's all finished.

Dresden Quilter said...

Your bow ties look great. I have wanted to make a bow tie quilt for quite a while.

Kate said...

Looking forward to seeing the finish. Hope you enjoyed lots of hand stitching this week.